• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

VBITNGC group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
wim said:
Are there better equivalent valves for this application? maybey the E188CC?

Is the ECC88 (no gold pins? not as good as the E88CC (gold pins) for this application?

I have a number of tubes i'm going to try, including cryoed 6N1P and 6H23Pi -- as well some exotic ECC88 equiv that starts with CV (IIRC -- came out of an AudioNote DAC). Also 6CG7 & 12BH7.

dave

all boards is ready:D I am mailing to members now.

to Sander,ygpm.

kind rgds
Zang

Attachments

• pcb.jpg
    pcb.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,083
... things are moving

I am sitting at my desk, the schematics nearly ready to post here.

In the meantime, I can show you two details about the d-sub connector, used for the power supply (NEVER connect some computer devices to it

1. Bridge between pin 1 and 3

You can recognize the yellow isolated wire between pin 1 and 3. The purpose of this bridge, is to activate the switch on delay. The NE555 timer and the relay are not grounded, as long as no plug with this bridge is connected. As soon as you connect the plug, the delay count 20 to 30 seconds before delivering power for the LM3875's. Disconnecting the plug immediately switches of the power stage of the amp. Just for the sake of your speakers.

2. How to connect thick cables to 9 pin D-sub

I inserted a thin piece of wire at the end of the thicker litz-wire and soldered it. Attach a piece of shrinking tube and you can solder it to the very small pins safely.

Next postings: the psu-schematic. Followed by a exact grounding and 9pin scheme within the next days.

Have fun!
Franz

dont forget: lethal voltages in this project!

Attachments

• dsub-connection1reduced.jpg
    dsub-connection1reduced.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 755
wim said:
Today i received the boards. They look great! Thanks. Only the building instructions are missing, Is that comming up on this forum?

Now i need the time to build the amp.

Hanzwillem, did you receive your boards too?

Nope, maybe they're at my parents, I forgot where I had them sent. Anyways, the mailmen in downtown Enschede are always very slow. I just have to have more patience...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.