Vancouver Art Gallery Speaker Installation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Im an hour up the road...ill have to bring a disc to play!
If by "disc" you mean CD, I would suggest that you contact the VAG first before you go. A friend went to the gallery with some CDs expecting to play them at the installation. He was told that only vinyl and reel to reel tapes are being played on the system. In time, this may change, who knows? But, give the VAG a call before attending to discover what's up would be my advice.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Nice, I remember when I first read the article about KleinHorns :)

Any idea which amplifier did he use? A Beast with a thousand jfets would be appropriate here :)
P.s. "we are the robots" just reminded me on a Kraftwerk concert I was in February this year. They are true living legends!

Attachments

• IMAG3144.jpg
    IMAG3144.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:
Yes I brought some records!

Vinyl Playlist:
Devin Townsend - Storm
Behemoth - The Nephilim Rising
EST Trio - A Picture Of Doris Travelling With Boris

Pretty good fullrange performance for the space. The room is large and there are limited watts though. The listening distance wasn't that far so you are close to the horn mouth. Don't want to taint your review so looking forward to your impressions. Hopefully you can link or post the article here. It's pretty cool to see those setup for display.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.