• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ultra Fast Diode Bridge.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Right, I sent off the gerber files to the board house (finaly) this morning, and hopefuly (if they take today as the first day of delivery) I should have them in about two weeks. However, it may take a little longer as I have to make payment in advance and paypal is rather slow when paying out any money from it's system, so don't tkae that as a firm date or anything.

I would also like to put out one last request to all the people who haven't payed yet, to please get in touch as soon as possible; as if this doesn't happen soon I'm going to have to give up going out, and just eat beans for the rest of term.

:bawling:

(well, perhaps not the beans, I doubt that would do me any favours, even if the lack of alcohol probably would :xeye: )

Well, kind of an update, I received the terminal lugs for the boards today, and I have sent of the money for the boards now too. However, I have yet to hear back with a final date for teh delivery of the boards, so you will have to wait untill I find out before I can let you know when I should start sending things out (hopefuly in the next week or so).

Attachments

• picture(6)[1].jpg
    picture(6)[1].jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 466
OK, for those of you who are intrested, I have started another thread to deal with peoples intrest in the component kits that were talked about earlier. There are a couple of possible options open at the minute, so if you want to go and take a look and tell me what you think, that would be great.

Andrew.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=351107#post351107

OK, I recieved the PCB's this morning and they look good (even if I do say so myself, far blacker than the photos sugguest), I haven't got a decent camera here at the moment (so the pictures below were taken on my phone) but I will try and get one later to post some better pictures.

I will be sending out the boards for those people who showed no initial intrest in the component group buy (appart from the one or two who have since joined in on the group buy), and I will send e-mails out to those who did show intrest to see if you still want to take part, or if you just want me to send the boards out instead.

Ance more, if people have any questions or requests, please get in touch or leave a message ofr me up here and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Attachments

• pcb top close up.jpg
    pcb top close up.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 398
Good Looking Boards Andrew, how much did they end up costing? If you remember I sent you $45 UK Pounds for my lot including postage. Are you going to ship direct or did you want to ship North America to one location and have someone (me) re mail them for you?

If you want to ship to me for remailing how would you want to handle postage?

Regards

Anthony

With the Royal Mail, it will cost almost as much to send one large package with everyones orders in as it would for lots of seperate packages. Also, I have already bought the envolopes for sending out the small packages, so if I were to change that now I would end up with a lot of spare padded envolopes.

As far as costs go, I'm not too sure how things have gone yet (as I haven't confirmed the postal costs), but it looks like I should just break even (and have a few extra boards which I had to order to make up to the number of pannels they had to produce) so things worked out not too bad.

I have sent out the first lot of boards today for all of you who are not signed down on the component order WIKI and who have not received an e-mail from me about taking part in that group buy. So hopefuly you should all have your boards within the next week.

I am still trying to scrounge a decent camera at the moment as well, but once I do I will still post up some better pics of the bare boards and a couple of ones that I built up; with heatsinks attached, and also how I think Rod was going to do his.

And with the heatsinks on-board (note theser are smaller versions of the heatsinks than will be comming from the group buy, as well as these boards being made up with diferent capacitor and diodes types compared to what will be in the group order, as these are the parts I could get my hands on easily to put together for the photos)

Attachments

• normal side.jpg
    normal side.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 403
I did initialy say that I would keep the WIKI open until the 11th of April, and set the 18th as a the payment deadline. So, I could order all of the parts just before my exams start and then, hopefully, they should all be here ready to ship out as soon as my exams finish at the start of May. However, almost everyone who showed an interest in the component group buy has signed down now, so I may close it sooner and try and get things sorted out before my exams so people would get their bits earlier. I'll probably post something in the group order thread once I have thought about it properly later on today.

Andrew.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.