• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ultimate Twin TDA1541a Non-oversampling DAC with tube buffer & reclock set.......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi,

audionote tantalum resistors was Shinkoh(Japan) manufactured.

this VTV was from another source in japan. Price that I got them was quite good. so I will mix it for all of my kits coming. Hope diyers will love them.

U will see all of my pre-amp kits will use 100K ladder type volumn which was finish by this VTV tantalum resistors.

photos show was tantalum resisotrs mix by Shinkoh & VTV.

all were 1/2 watts.

this VTV tantalum resistors which will follower with the kit for diyers to upgrade. Most digital & USB area will use SMD 1% resistors already. This tantalum resistors will use in the IV area already. his kit will lit bit expensive, but U not need to further order parts will save some postage & my upgrade parts was reasonable due to buld order of parts.

thx

thomas

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

hi,

this is the small area for gathering in mongkok area. no.732 Nathan road. Enterance was beside Samsung telephone repair centre. 10/F. listening area will 11X14X9 feet. I will put two pair small speakers in here to test.

1. ensemble PA-1 & one pair diy speaker which was use ribbon tweeter with Thiel & partner C²220-T6 ceramic membrane woofer, seperate crossover. so if any diyers had diy crossover can take to here to test.

take look of the enterance of the small gather area.

My DA, Pre-amp, power amp Nano amorphous OPT will put in here.

since this is a gathering location only, if any oversea diyers business trip in hong kong can contact me to hear & take a cup of tea.

Happy diy!!!

thx

thomas

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

hi riotubes,

SK7 header, is this a CPLD? If not, what type of component is splitting the i2s signals into the left and right channels feeding the 2 dac chips?

since ver.2 was a NOS DAC only. SK7 was not a CPLD. Only full balance will use two CPLD chips for spitting the +,+ & -,- signal to prevent any phase shift & time delay. Standard mode of the SE change to balance was reserve one bit signal. This method can save money but Two CPLD chips can really operate full balance condition.

full balance or upgrade cheap ver.3 had USB but will not use CPLD, Iwill use one SE to balance OPT to it for balance output.

yes, open another thread was a good idea. let me ask for jason for detail. Open another one will easy to read.

thx

thomas

hi gjash,

many thanks for your support.

since this dac was I reference to hino audio & some of japan diyers comments,advise & finally choose two CPLD chips.

this is a full balance DAC which was discuss with on japanese diyers. he made many version of 1541a dac, he provide much valuable information for me to design for this DAC.

finally they try use transformers output & (DUAL)/
(DIFFERENTIAL)DAC ,DUAL TDA1541A was good.

http://www.hinocatv.ne.jp/~s_suzuki/DAC/DAC_1541Adiff.htm.

http://www.shirakami.or.jp/~yos/TDA1541A_DAC/TDA1541A NOS-DAC.html

http://www.iwh12.net/blog/log/eid45.html

http://homepage2.nifty.com/electrart/tda1541dual/tda1541dual.htm

http://homepage2.nifty.com/electrart/tda1541dual/tda1541dual.htm

I was testing for the IV transformers which was use Z11 Hi-B & 80% superradiometal core for diyers upgrade & basic parts.

Btw, OPT which use Z11 Hi-B,80% superradiometal & nano amorphous core was test OK.

picture will post later.

thx

thomas

hi Kooka,

I was checking for the new TCXO, waiting call back. Will inform U ASAP.

photos show was the OPT that japanese testb & test. One plan was use 600ohm:60Ohm, sec plan was Use MC trans for IV. I tried & test for them. finally I choose MC for IV & 1+1:1+1 pre-amp OPT for balance output stage.

thx

thomas .

Hi samL,

sure pls visit the groups buy forum that I will continous a very very low profit project which was a single End Dac. which can operate use single chip or parallel chips. ( IV resistor must change).

This dac still can use transformers couple whcih change from SE to balance.

so output:
1. from OP-amp
2. from OPT.

same use isolate power transformers, compact size, lower noise, & with USB.

take a full look of the DAC protype, funish outlook will not be this.

thx

thomas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.