Ultimate 4U 500mm Chassis - Who is interested?

Base Plate Option

• Standard Aluminium 3mm or 4mm

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Aluminium + Custom Perforated Steel Base Plate 470mm to 480mm

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Pico, count me in definitely, thanks for your time and effort on this. I would take 2 if we can get to the 25 price point.

Also did Gianluca give any idea on Fedex freight costs and what would be the manufacturing time from order.

I assume ordering and payment will be done directly to Hi Fi2000.

You should start a list pico so you know where you are up to and people can add themselves or increase qty.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Pico's Toxic Masculinity Chassis - Definite List

4U x 500mm Toxic Masculinity Chassis

x10 310 Euro
x25 250 Euro

Pico x 1 (maybe 2 if required to get to 25)
Gary S x 1 (maybe 2 if required to get to 25)
pwagner x 1 (maybe 2 if required to get to 25)
Hey Bill x 1 (maybe 2 if required to get to 25)
TungstenAudio x 1
Subbu k x 1
hifibluedevil x 1
BrianGasberg x 1

Anyone I have missed please add your name to the list.

I’d be interested in a 4U/500

I am provisionally "in" on this...two bigger than 5U would be good too, 6 outputs on each.

Russellc

Oooo yesss! I can't commit to participating in this GB right now, but when I get to the Aleph J.

Hell, put me down as a yes.

HAHA

Please PM once this all goes down. Baby is due soon so my mind is all over the place at the moment

I am interested in one.

Thanks,
Dennis

I have been toying with a "single chassis" to roll
edit - add me to the list , if cost is reasonable, I would take one

Great idea, this 4U 500.
It's a must, it'll be mine for future amps.
Thanks for the development.

Hi Pico, I am interested, pending price, too. Drill pattern a great idea, thanks.

Johno

Depending on final price - I am potentially interested too.

"On a hippie trail head full of Zombie"

Just sayin'

I might be interested too, just need some time to understand the configuration. Been out of touch for a month...son off to university, lots in my head...maybe should find some Zombie :eek:
[/QUOTE]

Are any of you guys still inteterested or reinterested?

Price will be 250 Euro if we get it to 25

Last edited:
The name is absolutely fitting! :D

Also did Gianluca give any idea on Fedex freight costs and what would be the manufacturing time from order.

I assume ordering and payment will be done directly to Hi Fi2000.

Yes, I think shipping charges should be 60 euro at max for US people. Shipping to Australia is getting quite costly lately because FedEx is only shipping with Priority service so it should set you back of about 115 Euro (argh!)

Everybody can order and pay directly through our website.

From the moment we start producing the chassis it should take about 3 business weeks to have them ready to be shipped.

The handles and the base plate are not included, I have only calculated the price to customize the chassis

Thanks for your reply Gianluca, the shipping price to Australia is rather high, have you looked at other carriers - UPS, DHL etc.. for comparison pricing?

Also, will your manufacturing be delayed if there needs to be further Government lock down measures in your country due to the worsening Covid-19 situation in Europe?

It might be best to advise a price that includes all required parts (ie rear handles and base plate) so that prospective buyers only need to order the complete kit, rather than work out what extras will need to be ordered to have a complete chassis - or make it clear on your website what is required for this special order.

I am a bit confused when you mention an inner base plate - is there a normal base plate to be supplied as part of the quoted price?

Last edited:
FedEx is the only shipper we have a contract with, I am afraid others would be more expensive without having an agreement with them. I think Jeff's (Pico) solution of trying to ship more than on order to the same person would be the only way to make things cheaper.

I am afraid I cannot answer your second question, of course we all hope that is not going to happen but at this stage we can just pray it does not happen. Back in March/April we were able to stay open but it also depends if our anodizer is able to stay open as well

I am a bit confused when you mention an inner base plate - is there a normal base plate to be supplied as part of the quoted price?

There is the standard aluminium bottom plate (no additional cost), then there is an additional perforated steel base plate that mounts to the bottom brackets of the heatsink (looks like a massive sheet of Meccano) to mount parts too.
This isn't essential but people like it cause it saves some drilling and tapping.

I have used this type of plate in the past, but thinking this time around I may not include it.