UGS-muse preamp GB

Joined 2010
Paid Member
HI Algar_emi and all,

Recently I get a full set of pcbs for this preampli in the swap meet.

Take me long time to read (thanks to my old scholastic Francais) the long HFCR thread.

I am really impressed for the quality of this project and the enormous work and relevant documentation done by Alex and Eric.

I bought already almost all the parts, waiting for the 2SK389 and some other few to proceed. Will be a long term project also due to my short time available between family and work and time to time I will ask your help :)

Attached are few pictures of the work in progress. I downloaded the gerber file for the buffer boards (blue boards in the pics)
I ordered the rear panel from Frontpanel (thanks for the file) and I started also the design of the front panel.

I need some help about the 6 push button. I can't find them anywhere and probably I will ask to Frontpanel if they can do them but before I would like to know if someone can address me to get them already done. Until I don't solve this part I can't proceed with the design... any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks and Regards,
Enrico

Attachments

• IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    776.8 KB · Views: 726
  • IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    826.2 KB · Views: 707
  • IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    652.9 KB · Views: 678
  • IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    686.7 KB · Views: 654
  • IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    687.6 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    843 KB · Views: 322
Joined 2010
Paid Member
I could send you my DXF and .nc file for the front if you wish but that would need to be edited for you particular controller and/or choices, but i will not make them public....don't want to see rip-offs on ebay the following week, the project deserves all my respect.

I see PCBs i designed for FW F5Turbo all over ebay...that will not happen again.

Hi CeeVee,

I am also looking for the front panel design.

Would you mind to PM to me your DXF? I will not share it... I swear :)

Thanks and Regards,
Enrico

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I completed the ugs preampli and it's playing.

Everything is working except the remote setup.

As per schematic the output of IR is directly connected to the pin 90 of the chip. I checked with the scope and the signal is there when I push the remote.
My feeling is that I miss something in the first setup. I have a Sony RMT-B104P remote that is programmable. I choose the NEC configuration but no way to male it work.
When I enter in the setup menu the program ask me to press two times the button to save the command but I didn't received any confirmation back. It's that correct?
When I exit from the setup no one of the command is working...

There is anyone that can kindly help me to solve the issue?

Thanks and Regards,
Enrico

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi Eric, thanks for your reply. I installed the 2.5 that Alex just post in the HCFR forum.

I am quite sure that I miss something during the remote setup. All the others configuration are working, everything if fine except the remote.

BTW, I take the opportunity to congratulate with you and Alex, you guys did an impressive job. THANKS!!!

Best Regards,
Enrico

This is strange... If you see the signal toggling on the pin and that the code is NEC or RC5 then the MCU should decode it unless the the remote control support is disabled in the program.
Can you send me a screenshot of what you are capturing on the IR sensor pin?
Just to be sure that the waveform is what I am decoding.
Would be nice as well that you measure the timings, there are plenty of PDF on the web that explains the RC5 or NEC timing, you can then make a direct comparison.

No problem, my answer was a bit short.
So you can just ignore this, nothing to be done, the program will recognize any remote control by default, with no particular System ID filtering.
That could be used in the future for let's say you want to use two remote controls (NEC for example), one for your TV let's says and the other one for this preamp.
Setting the system ID would prevent the UGS to receive commands from the remote control for the TV.

Hi Enrico,
The waveform is terrible !! :eek:
Also I am not sure to understand the scale of the scope...
Anyway the signal is going negative, it is all wrong, it will never work like this.

My only thinking here is, are you using the right IR sensor / correct Vcc - Out - GND connections? Some have a different pinout...

It should look like this (in an inverted manner, but I take care of this in the SW) => NEC Infrared Transmission Protocol | Online Documentation for Altium Products and between 0 and 3.3V...

Last edited:
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi Alex,
The IR sensor is the TSOP2436. I already checked the datasheet and the pinout is correct and the IR is installed in the correct side

Thanks for the link... I just back home and I still don't have the time to search in internet as you suggest me before

Can be that being the remote programmable I choose a "wrong" coding?

I will try to setup again the remote control. With the scope connected I should found a proper wave?...