UGS-muse preamp GB

HS USB and WIFI option

Hi Alex_Taiwan, i am almost done on all the boards, i would like to ask how to configure or enable the HS USB and WIFI option. i have already fixed all the components for those options even the digital in/out are all on the uC board. attached are the pictures of my build.

Regards,
Marjohn

Attachments

• ugs.jpg
    ugs.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 938
  • ugs2.jpg
    ugs2.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 943
Reactions: 1 user
Hello Marjohn,
Congratulations for the nice work.
These features are useless for the UGS Muse and were added to make this board a bit more generic and in case I use it in other applications where digital audio and streaming make sense like for a DAC.
So unfortunately I am not going to develop the firmware here to support WiFi and USB.
Alex.

hi.
i have a problem with my preamp boards.
when i start the preamp i have output on both sides. if i change the volume the left and the right preamp sides act different. one channel hase more gain than the other.
the left side signal dissapears and comes back while changing volume and dissapears at about -3dB.
the right channel behaves good but the signal is more attenuated than left.
i can´t describe it more precisely.

i have no clue what can be the problem.

thx

hi.
i connected the preamp to an amp and loudspeakers.
as measured before, the signal on the right channel is okay. everything works fine as i can say for the first test.

the left channel behave like this:
full volume (+5dB) quiet.
if i volume down it stays quiet until i reach -3dB.

suddenly i have output signal (louder than the right channel - i assume it is about input level)
then when continuing to volume down the output signal on the left channel dissapears again and comes back at some levels. sometimes quieter and some times at input level...

every other function seems to be okay. i can switch all inputs and outputs. mute works. i can use ir-remote, etc... just the volume function of the left input seems defect.

i think i can try and replace the 74HC32, SI8630 or the MUSES itself.

can somebody help me out if i am on the right way?
thank you

regards
s.

For does who are interested in purchasing the UGS Muse preamplifier, I recently started a build log for my version. There will be some changes to the UI but the amplifier section will stay as true as possible to the original one. What will change is the JFETs and BJTs (newer Toshiba). I intend to make the PCB's available on a continues basis and chassi construction (drawings) available for anyone who wish to build their own version.
I created the thread as a buildlog but realized that there are others that still want a UGS amplifier. It is a progress in process since it will be created from the ground up. This post is not marketing as such but more towards offering a future UGS Muse kit available.

UGS-Muse Scion Preamplifier

Hi.
Can Anybody point me to the right direction how to make such buttons and mechanism for the front. thinking for weeks now and no results are good enough.
i would really need your help.

big thanks in advance.

regards from vienna
slavko

E49F0E61-FCDA-488D-B3C9-D7C697EC5CFD.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi,
the buttons can be bought here: 10pcs/lot SC102 silver buttons 6X6 series reset button cap self lock free touch switch cap-in Switches from Lights & Lighting on AliExpress - 11.11_Double 11_Singles' Day

I ended up with 16mm long tactile switches.
Tachtile switches in different lenghts: 18valuesx10pcs=180pcs Tact Switch Kit 6*6*4.3~20mm SMD Tactile Push Button Switches 6x6 mm Micro Switch on AliExpress - 11.11_Double 11_Singles' Day

Frontpanels made by Modushop after my drawings. Volume knob with outher ring made in Norway after my drawings.
Anodizing and chromium plating of these: Locally.

All this: Very expensive !