UGS adventures

servo .??? or buffer ? on output.
Its about Rout on UGS module. Default is 1k, input impedanse on attenautor is 10k total 0.9. Second picture explained Rout about 100k, total is 10K, but look for total distorsion. Extra.
Buffer is for classic version. Setup is ugs module and than attenuator. Resistance on output is to high for next step, buffer on output behind attenuator.

viber_image_2020-02-07_11-16-58.jpg

buffer on output...

final step will be Rout on UGS module and than measurements :)

Last edited:
Dear All,

I have a lovely set of gold-plated boards purchased here a decade or more ago, and most components for Cheff's UGS pre-amp, but I simply can't find the firmware anywhere - on-line or in my records.

Could anyone provide the firmware for me for either of the LCD options (or any new LCDs which I should consider as options).

I would very much appreciate the assistance.

(I incorrectly asked for the code for these boards last time, and that was not quite what I needed! Far too complicated for me.)

Best regards,
George.

Last edited:
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, Starcat.

It is a long time since I have looked at this in detail. If I recall correctly there were two options for the LCD display, each of which required different firmware.

1. Have the options for the LCD display changed since the start of the project, and if so, what are they now?
2. Does the firmware "recognise" which display is being used, or do I have to talk to it - in French? (That would be a worry for me!)

Cheers,
George.

Best regards,
George.

There is single firmware now, for OLED and VFD.
Best from todays standpoint (with the latest PCBs from the GB) would be using two OLED displays (Newhaven, Mouser p/n: 763-3.12-25664UMB3). Check your PCB version for compatibility tho.

Open up the Chrome browser, point to that URL above and click in Chrome on automatic translation to english.

Last edited:
Dropbox - soft.rar - Simplify your life

:)

Dear All,

I have a lovely set of gold-plated boards purchased here a decade or more ago, and most components for Cheff's UGS pre-amp, but I simply can't find the firmware anywhere - on-line or in my records.

Could anyone provide the firmware for me for either of the LCD options (or any new LCDs which I should consider as options).

I would very much appreciate the assistance.

(I incorrectly asked for the code for these boards last time, and that was not quite what I needed! Far too complicated for me.)

Best regards,
George.

Oh, dear. I had troubles with Dropbox setup or passwords or something, and lost contact. I cannot believe it is FOUR years since this email. At least now I can see all of the files, but just can't download them.

I will try again on my home computer.

So in short, no, I haven't got UGS Adventures pre-amp up yet: but I still have the shiny boards!

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
George