Tying subjective listening with objective measures/ sound perception/ and DSP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For me 'personally' linear phase crossovers are not something I feel I need. Room correction is something I might want to play with in the future but would probably cheap our at first and use the convolver in jriver or roon. So I wouldn't pick a DSP with FIR right now. But ask me again in 5 years!

Thanks Bill, so not that big a concern then, as say the dac quality
And is the minidsp any better at the dsp as to ease of use and end results (than if I was to just do it all in Roon)?

For Bob, not Bill:
The effect can be audible: Subjective best sound quality of my modded ES9038Q2M dacs was with digital input attenuated somewhat more than could be accounted for by intersample over correction alone.

So no matter what I need to be careful in the digital realm (dsp) using as much subtractive eq as possible then maybe even attenuating another 3 or 4 db before the dac (in other words leaving some digital headroom) and keep master volume control analog (preamp) ?
I know I’d lose a couple bits but that’s better than intersample peak overload....correct?

Last edited:
Bill, I didn't mean it to offend you. I thought you might be offended if I didn't say something to indicate I wasn't trying immediately contradict your comment. I think we all understand terse and or verbose expressions of intent don't always come across clearly in text. Nor are they always believed. Such is life in forums. Have a nice day :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.