Tweeter Questions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't think you can get a decent two way with the 210C0.
I have the 210CO in a three way and it integrates well. The Mid is handled by a 130CO

Okay cool thanks:D. OO by the way have you heard of the Reference 3 A Speakers? A friend of mine has a pair of them and they are 20 plus years old. They use that same driver your talking about in a 2 way with out a crossover on the 8 inch woofers? N.S.

my vote for a great all around tweeter - SEAS 22TFF
re:'if the tweeter went down to 700 hz I would cross it over at 800 hz and the woofer 900 hz. This is what I have been told. Is this right? " - no, first choose your mid-woofer, then a tweeter that will integrate well with it. The rule of thumb is to cross over at least an octave above the tweeter's Fs. Once you have the Frequency response graphs of both drivers, then you're in a position to make an approprate choice of crossover frequency, & deal with their out-of-band behaviour in the crossover

The 22TFF is an outstanding tweeter as long as it's crossed over to smaller woofers. The fs is a little too high for good integration with larger ones. A great all around tweeter, in my opinion, is one that has no weaknesses (including price). In the future, let's say, if you want to use the same tweeter in a new design with a larger woofer, you're out of luck with the 22TFF.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.