tweeter advice for peerless 830883

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the speakers could be placed everywhere in the room, a greater distance from the wall would be best.
baffle size could be 20-25cm width maximum (7,8 - 10in)
i´m called the reverb sauce fan.
height is not that important, whether its standmount or shelve.
my first attempt with a new equalizer gave me this result with my bose cubes (i´m not very familiar with equalization)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

does this info help you a bit?
i can understand that these are maybe not the very best for pc use, but sometimes i want to go around do some other stuff. when there is no music elsewhere i´m getting a little bit mad.

sorry for the bad formulation of the speaker placement, i intended to get them as bookshelf or stands, whatever better fits.

Here's the result of modeling. As always, the response reflects my voicing preference: a gentle rise up to 2 kHz, and a slightly reduced tweeter output beyond that point. I believe that an ideal, flat response would work well if all the listening materials were recorded in an ideal way and we listened to speakers in an anechoic chamber. But I think we need to accept reality. Most of recordings I have (and you have, I believe) are not suitable for speakers with a flat response to my ear. Violins are harsh and bass doesn't sound right.

The crossover schematic also includes tweeter fine-tuning options with suggested ranges of C9 and R10 values. Baffle width I used for modeling is 8.5". You can use a 8.5" to 9" wide baffle for the build. As for the cabinet dimensions and bass tuning, refer to the HDS 2-way design page at my website. The modeled response is on-axis with the tweeter offset by 0.75" from the baffle center line.

A SW file is on the way to your email address. A slightly reduced BSC version is also included in the file.

-jAy

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

jay thank you very much for this design. this one is really something i can start with. will post more comments on it today a little bit later.
sreten,
if it comes to thinking about a one point source, why not looking for a pill tweeter like me geithain does?

the thing about it is that i dont know such a small pill on the market except the new seas SDT27/CG , but this one has an impedance of 2 ohm. then doing a sphere would be no problem.

here we go,

today the driver arrived. it is in condition "like described" and has good quality. opticaly i like the basket. at the moment i´m setting up the wobbling in. seems like the driver could get along with some power.

1z4g5xl.jpg

2mr73h1.jpg

greets,
flexus

some problems here during closely inspection of the drivers:
one of them has some glue remains in the length of 2,5cm along the back between the cone and the surround. hardly to notice on the photo. i´ll try to make more detailed ones.
didn´t want to aim at the reputation of peerless, but i have to know if this is critical during listening of the speaker. if thats the case i have to replace it. hopefuly not, i hate such stress.

okeydokey

i´ll keep an eye on the measurements the next days. one more reason to learn about it..
i managed to get some wood for an IB test baffle, couldnt resist on it. the 27tdfc combi will be built, but this one interested me too.
taking wood from an IB is easier than the other way.
many thanks for the slowdown

here we go

today my 27tdfc arrived. .. after 3 weeks of waiting.
i started up with a ported design. this was not intended but my sister had a spare box with 23,3 x 32,5 x 21cm and i caught it. volume is about 15 liters.for the damping i used a bag of mineral wool on the rear side. the reflex port is 3,5cm x 7,5cm. after 3 hours of working it ended up like this

only for testing purpose, no more.

sreten said:
Might be "what the hell is going on with that woofer filter ? It looks so wrong its untrue, completely not the way to do it.

Hehe I was being polite :D.

If I may add a thought, I think the reason you may find the "bathtub" frequency response appealing is the cabinet. If the hacked up cabinet is thin wood with no real bracing, you will find that removing the upper bass / lower mids can sound better because it reduces the hollow boxy sound of the poor cabinet.

I hope that you don't judge these drivers based on what you currently have. In a well built cabinet, and a well built crossover (ie Jay's work) these driver's will really shine.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.