Tumor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a tumor in my stomach the diameter of a golfball and the length of half a banana (probably a good port size for a Fostex 127 in a small box). I saw it today on the endoscopy. Let's just say the last few days have been pretty bad. My wife found me lying on the bathroom floor and called the ambulance. I got to the hospital missing over 6 pints of blood. My heartrate was over 145 beats per minute and i was told today i had one of the lowest bloodcounts ever without going into cardiac arrest. I credit my martial arts training for that and once i was stable doctors were introducing me to martial artists, runners and other athletes that work at the hospital. A cat scan was the first test and revealed the source of my internal bleeding, the tumor. Today i have clarity because i know what is wrong. I spoke with two surgeons today and can go old fashioned or new wave to remove the tumor. Tuesday i should know if it is benign or not. Old school i will lose part of my stomach, new wave i get to keep most of it in tact. I feel a lot of love from family and friends and waiting to get well enough to check the speaker forums was something i missed. Btw, i am 42 and way too young to be in a hospital. I will be here all weekend and probably all next week. Sorry for the off topic post but i really wanted to check in.

Godzilla

PS. As i woke from the biopsy proceedure i recall shopping online for stereo gear in my dream. The nurse that woke me said i was shopping for stereos and she suggested i go to bestbuy.com LOL!

Godzilla said:
PS. As i woke from the biopsy proceedure i recall shopping online for stereo gear in my dream. The nurse that woke me said i was shopping for stereos and she suggested i go to bestbuy.com LOL! [/B]

Five years ago I fell off the ladder taking down the Christmas lights, needing plastic surgery to put my cheek back together, I woke up and the nurse said that I had told her that I was stuck inside the Tron video game. (If you remember the Disney movie.)

It gets better...when she pulled out the catheter I said to her "G D--it, what do you think yer doin' startin' a ******* Lawn Boy???!!!"

My prayers are with you.

Godzilla

I've only known you for a few weeks. Virtual associations are a reality of this medium. Never the less you are someone that I have developed a connection with. Thank you for your interest and knowledge with home brew audio and contribution to our hobby. You have shared your pride of family and their accomplisments and given us a glimspe into of your private life. Please make the best of of your time with them and motivate yourself to heal and we look forward to our reconnection as time allows. BAL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.