Tumor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Kewl! I hope they remembered to use dissolving thread for your internal sutures. A couple of years after one operation I got a painful boil on my hip and when I popped it a black looking thread was sticking out, with several more surfacing periodically. Every time I get a sharp pain deep down I wonder if other fragments are floating around doing something destructive.

Anyway, glad you apparently got decent medical care with a reasonably quick rebound, so many don't these days.

GM

That's what I like to hear Jeff. :) There's nothing to be done without sleep. I bet your recovery will be even quicker now.

I know the feeling about open wounds -had one myself after an op on my back last year, & it was much the same size. PITA (literally) but they heal fine. I raise a glass to you this evening, now I'm back from teaching. :cheers:

Glad to hear you are home and doing better...I know what you are going through,spent three weeks in hospital back in '76(Hodgkins),went through lots of tests,lymphangiograms,gallium scans,bone marrow biopsy,etc,and then they cut me open and took out my spleen and biopsied other organs. Then seven weeks of radiation therapy...

You don't get much sleep in the hospital,thats for sure...they come in and wake you up to ask you if you would like a sleeping pill....Hello!,I was already asleep!:)

I've been planning to build a pair of Bib's(Fostex FF165)for a while now,gonna have to get started soon...

Take Care,and keep on healing!

Don

Re: Home recovering!

Excellent news! It sounds like the doctor is letting the wound granulate in instead of sewing you up and bombarding your system with antibiotics. I went through that too. It will be over before you know it. Glad to hear you are on the mend. Keep that wound clean!

Today was my first workout since surgery. I decided to take the women's kickboxing class rather than start right in with krav maga.

punch, punch, step, step, kick... punch, punch, step, step, kick...

Not quite self defense but it got my heart beating and should help me get my movement back. It's been about 5 months since surgery. My shoulders and stomach hurt a little but overall, I feel pretty good.

One reason i haven't been able to work on some of my speaker projects was being unable to carry heavy wood around. My strength is coming starting to come back.

It was a great day for me! I just wanted to thank and update everyone. Thanks!

Godzilla

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.