• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Tubelab Simple P-P

all the fuse online are 250v can I use that?

that is the maximum voltage rating and they are good for use in this amp. Do not use 32 volt automotive fuses. I would use a 2 amp fuse. A 2.5 or maybe a 3 amp fuse if you can't find a 2 amp. Do not use a 10 amp fuse it will not save your amp from a meltown if anything goes wrong.

The kits were shipped out today since the post office was closed yesterday due to holliday.

that is the maximum voltage rating and they are good for use in this amp. Do not use 32 volt automotive fuses. I would use a 2 amp fuse. A 2.5 or maybe a 3 amp fuse if you can't find a 2 amp. Do not use a 10 amp fuse it will not save your amp from a meltown if anything goes wrong.

The kits were shipped out today since the post office was closed yesterday due to holliday.

George, good to see you're still givin 'er

Still here.....or there. Right now I am in rural West Virginia about 1200 miles from home. I haven't been to work in about 2 weeks, so I lost track of what day it was. I went to the post office to find no one home....Doh Monday was a holiday. Back toward home (and work) on Friday.

I finished my Frugel Horn MK3 build about 2 months ago, but still haven't hooked them up yet!

hi I just hook up my simple pp last night all of tubes lid up except 2 of 12at7eh and the music volume so low and distort I try connect without feedback its louder but still distort. I check my wiring over and over and couldn't find what's wrong.pls anyone tell me where to look.
thank you in advance
nate

Do you mean your running it with those EH 12AT7 that don't light up? If so check in very dim light. Maybe they are the problem. What are your other tubes in the amp? Brand etc?

Are you running Pentode , Triode , or UL. What Transformers? Good to check to make sure Primary wires on Outtput Trans are hooked up right (eg. Not Reversed)

Good to check for correct voltages at tube sockets from top. Be carefull! One hand behind your back. Protect your heart!

Randy

both of12at7 are ligthing up but they are very very dim almost can't see . the others tube working fine they are jj el84 and jjgz34s they're all brand new.I tried to connect them in every modes.all of them got the same result. I'll try to measure those voltages tonight.
thank you

It's a PCB, so the heaters should be configured correctly. Some miniature tubes have very dim heaters, so that is not necessarily a problem. Having one dim tube might be indicative of a bad solder joint, but both is a bit less likely. Checking the voltage is worthwhile, though. It would be best to do it with the input tubes in place. You want to measure AC volts across pin 9 and pin 4 or 5. You should read 6.3V here.

I personally found that the EH tubes don't operate quite right in this amp, but the amp still made sound and was loud. I think you have a different problem. Mine just distorted when pushed towards its limits:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubelab/148694-tubelab-simple-p-p-31.html#post2159028

I'll do that tonite. I hope I connected my opt right.It.s edcor cxpp30ms6.6k.accord to this manualhttp://www.edcorusa.com/Manuals/CXPP30-MS-6_6K.pdfwith this schematic http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa160/birdy81260/SimplePPschemUL.gif
blue to L-PRI-1-2
white blue to L-PRI-1-3
red to L-PRI-1-1
white brown to L-PRI-2-2
brown to L-PRI-2-1
I have 4 ohm speaker so I connect
orange to LFB1 then to positive speaker tab
white to LFB2 then neg speaker tab
If anyone can verify these connections
thank you
\nate