Tube preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hallo, do you have any idea about a good tube preamp to drive CORRECTLY my beloved Aleph 3.
I think that a tubed pre could be a little better than Aleph P or L, don't you?
It has to have:
simple circuitation
stepped(discrete) attenuator
two out (maybe i'll use biamping)
class A
fantastic sound,of course.

:D

Thanks all.

I did a quick run-through of the group of schematics I thought it was in and didn't find it. I have many other places to look. The problem being that it was several years ago and I generate a lot of schematics during the course of any given year. Some I try. Some I don't. A lot of them are variations on circuits I'm really serious about. For instance, there are probably close to thirty files related to the amp I've been working on, and it's only going to get worse as time goes by, because I've got at least two more major branches that I want to explore if/when I have time and money. On the other hand, I'm on the verge of getting burned out on this circuit, so I may give it a rest and hit the phono stage for a while just to give the amp-related portions of my noggin a rest (and to avoid having to face the cost of heatsinks and a "real" chassis--at least phono stages are manageable in terms of power supplies and heat dissipation).

Grey

I do happy listening with a Combination of ZEN V4 with a Norwood-Still Tube-pre wich uses the 12B4A (AXpress ...?)I put the Stepped Attenuator of 100K after the Pre instead of in Front.I like the "non Sound" and clearness without "Edges".Nice!
Caution:Use only with a glass of Ardbeg(W.)!!!Chears

MikeW said:
I built an Aikido. It sounded very nice. Not better than the Pass pre-amps but different.
I have aikido driving an abreviated f4 :D Nothing better yet... But F4 needs Output voltage levels to drive it? what do you need?
Maybe I don't understand the question? Do you need voltage gain? How much? Aikido has many variants and "sounds" due to this choose your favorite tube stuff...
I need a buffer like B1 for the attenuator(volumme) and my "ZV8" like pre (F3 with 300ohm load, driving 10k)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.