• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Tube 6N3 use pre for ChipAmp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ive just bought one of these on ebay which uses a pair of 6N3-Js.

6N3-3.jpg

Works well but gain is a little low. Traced out circuit shown below.

YUANJING HiFi 6N3.jpg

I assume that the gain is defined by 10K feedback resistor and 2k2 cathode resistor. Decreasing feedback should increase overall gain.
Circuit specified at rectified 150v for B+ supply. Will however give useful output if B+ is reduced to 50v :)

Just a suggestion.

Tony.

my very first diy amp

a few weeks ago I build (not yet finished):

6N3P preamp, LM3886 amp modules, ALPS pots, JantzenAudio terminals for speakers, JantzenAudio Silver cable. Sounds very good. Still working on front panel.
Next step - planning to change Wima capacitors with PIO on preamp

Attachments

• Notranjost.JPG
    Notranjost.JPG
    300.1 KB · Views: 1,892
  • Preamp.JPG
    Preamp.JPG
    269.2 KB · Views: 1,885
  • LM3886.JPG
    LM3886.JPG
    257.5 KB · Views: 1,789
6N3=6N3P=2C51=5670
Cheap 5670 currently on ebay and also Soviet 6N3P-EV can routinely be found for under $2/piece. Both sound much better than Chinese 6N3

Hello
I also have a few 6N3P-DR, easy to find on ebay, but obviously more expensive.
About Chinese buffers 6N3, improvement is indescribable. Are 10,000 tubes use goldgrid (the meaning - DR tubes, if I am wrong, with security in NOS tubes)
but without a doubt the -EB, as you say, already provides as much improvement at low price.

All the best
Fernan

If it is the same 6N3 that you find in Russia (with nominator 6N3P), then an ECC85 or 6AQ8 is equivalent.

Hi Soundbrigade
I the Germany speec, the ECC85 always try the direct replacement 6N1P,
I believe that no China or Russian 6N3, reaches values max. of the ECC85 and/or 6N1P, please correct me, If I'm wrong.

As a curiosity, in FM detection, replacing the ECC85 by 6N1P, say that the reception is better, with better sensitivity.

Greetings and
All for the best sound,
thanks to the Forum and your whole respectable participation

Fernan

Ive just bought one of these on ebay which uses a pair of 6N3-Js.

View attachment 190924

Works well but gain is a little low. Traced out circuit shown below.

View attachment 190925

I assume that the gain is defined by 10K feedback resistor and 2k2 cathode resistor. Decreasing feedback should increase overall gain.
Circuit specified at rectified 150v for B+ supply. Will however give useful output if B+ is reduced to 50v :)

Just a suggestion.

Tony.
I am new to tube audio. I wanted to start with just a little pre-amp. Is this the refined version of that amp? the circuit looks similair. It does carry a slightly beefier transformer though.

Attachments

• 1804.jpg
    1804.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 1,523
Last edited:
I just saw this

QINPU Q-2 mini HI-FI VACUUM TUBE INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER 100% BRAND - $67.39USD : Enjoy music, enjoy hifi audio!, we sell Music Angel,qinpu,yaqin,MeiXing MingDa,Bewitch,Bada Amplifiers, CD player,power amp, preamp

Looked up the tube and got a half wave rectifier which doesn't make sense. I suspect it is a mini dual triode running a chip amp with low wattage. Pretty cool for $70.

I was looking for the tube and found the amp, and this thread. Google really is changing things.

Thatch

Do not think there confuxión copy with small double triodes China.
I tried 6n1, 6n3, 6n6, .... (Js, Chinese military star?)

I can not find much in common with Russian NOS. (to sound less)

As a curiosity, in my bijou headamp, 6n6 (J) Chinese doubles the current in the output buffer!?

I am new to tube audio. I wanted to start with just a little pre-amp. Is this the refined version of that amp? the circuit looks similair. It does carry a slightly beefier transformer though.

Exactly! the price is low.
re-tubing, re-caps (possibly any modification more)

Enter the world of valves at low price Chinese components.
Good starting point to experiment and improve!

All the best;)

I the Germany speec, the ECC85 always try the direct replacement 6N1P. I believe that no China or Russian 6N3, reaches values max. of the ECC85 and/or 6N1P, please correct me, If I'm wrong. As a curiosity, in FM detection, replacing the ECC85 by 6N1P, say that the reception is better, with better sensitivity.
6n1p, 6n11, 6n23p, 6922, 6dj8, ecc88, 6aq8, ecc85 pinout
9aj.gif

But that is different than
6n3p, 6n3-j, 2c51, a2690, 5670, 396a, 6385, ecc42 pinout
8cj.gif

However. . .
For connecting different tubes, such as those above, there exists "socket adapter" that comes pre-wired, and "socket saver" and both look like this.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Oddly enough, the commercial adapter models that I could find were made for changing 6922 socket to use 6n3p tube, rather than the other way around. These don't seem to include any adaptation of support circuit such as current, resistors, etc. . . so that is DIY, and therefore I can't imagine a use for the adapter.

Last edited:
a few weeks ago I build (not yet finished):

6N3P preamp, LM3886 amp modules, ALPS pots, JantzenAudio terminals for speakers, JantzenAudio Silver cable. Sounds very good. Still working on front panel.
Next step - planning to change Wima capacitors with PIO on preamp

so, you run both the chip amp and the 6n3 buffer with the same transformer? what are the specs for such transformer? and where to get one?
Please let me know
Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.