TU-8600 audio chain (pre+sub)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm about to order a TU-8600. I've always purchased finished components, so this is my first DIY. It's also my first system with tubes.

I have multiple sources (phono, streamer, CD) and I would like the option of adding my sub. I know VK has said that this is an integrated emotion amp which is great with CD -> 8600 -> speakers, but I don't want to swap cables to swap sources and I know I'm gonna miss bass.

For sources, is an active or passive pre better? If you have an 8600 with a pre, please let me know what you are using. I'm considering Tortuga LDRx .

For my JL e112 subwoofer, I can either bridge/biwire from the amp since the JL has high-level inputs OR I can take line-level output from the preamp. Again, if you have done this with the 8600, please let me know.

For speakers, I will test with my KEF LS50s, but my plan is to order Klipsch Heresy IIIs. I'd love to try AERs, but it's not in my budget at this point.

Thanks,
John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.