TU-8200 Compatible Power Tubes

Hello gotan,

Very interesting.
Maybe it's the tubes rather than the Elekit.
In any case, I don't do much critical listening before at least 100 hours usage of power tubes. (As long as the distortion you experience still allows listening..).

I experienced, similar to others like Sunil, 807s need quite a lot of time to burn in.

Technically, to my understanding and checks I made, 807 tube matches the 6l6gc specifics. I think I checked the relevant parameters and they are identical. Think 807 is the evolution of this line actually, the latest developed tube.

When I asked Elekit, they said they didn't test 807s in the amp so can't authorize, but they are aware that quite many people use them in this amp with no issues.

Yes, I've used Philips/Valvo 807s. I've cut down the negative feedback this amp uses to a lower level. Since then, I use RCAs. My speakers are 94 dB sensitive and over time they seemed to get hm.. boomy in the bass. Since I reduced the negative feedback, I got a more lean sound that somehow matches my RCAs better. This sound ie. with less negative feedback could be more flat but more.. direct maybe the right word. Violins sound violins more.
I tried with no feedback too and even that it was kind of flat, I appreciated it, even more direct somehow. Still kept some of the feedback thus keep the original design to some extent.

Kind regards
Sandor

Hello Sándor,

thank you very much for sharing your experience with me.

More and more, I'm coming to the conclusion that the thing is strongly dependent on the valve. As I mentioned, a pair of Tungsrams does not distort even after 12 hours (and here the music is already disturbingly loud, or at least very loud within 1-2 meters or my listening position).
The other tubes bleed at the 8-9 o'clock position.

But right now I'm listening to the chunky version of the 807, the 5933. Flawless in Triode, just like Tungsram
pair of tubes (in terms of distortion). For the given sound the experience is still raw yet, since I've only been listening for about half an hour (they just arrived). In any case, they are very promising.