Trying to make a Balanced line input on LM3886 chipamp using ina134. HELPPP!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've decided to tap off the DC output voltages on my power supply board and use the LM7818/7918 regulators to bring the voltage into range for the chip to run properly on the balancing circuit. Does anyone know a chip that would be better suited for a higher voltage? My next amplifier will be using 35vdc outputs and i'll still need to get it down to 18v. I would assume I'd probably fry those regulators.

the maximum voltage difference across the LM317/337 voltage regulators is ~35Vdc.
They can be used on much higher supply voltages. You as "designer" must ensure that the voltage difference never exceeds that specification limit.

A Zener across the IN/OUT can provide some overvoltage protection.

hey all, i just received my lm7815/7915 regulators and tried to hook them up. im not getting a negative voltage from the 7915 chip and it is getting really hot. The 7815 is getting the proper +15v dc on its output and is barely warm. I've tried 2 chips. I must be missing something...

I have the v+ from my power supply going to the 7815 input, and the v- from the power supply board going to the input of the 7915.

any ideas?

without details of all the supply parts and how you've wired things together i'd hazard a guess that the 7915 is being fed the wrong polarity of voltage.
i think the missing "something here" is a slightly better understanding of bi-polar power supply circuits.
any chance you can upload pic's or a full schematic of what you currently have so we can help you sort this out.
simple things can create confusing problems and overlooking details can lead to frustration when things aren't working the way they should.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.