trying to clone zu audio soul

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
About the fane 12-250, it can work, but it need to stay low power <10W and need a correction network (i did use a simple 0.47mH coil and a 15R in parallel with each other and in serie with the driver) to work. I've build 2 variation for it for friends, bot use a 300 SET with it. Sealed in a 150L (for a rock guy) and ported tuned to 30Hz (for a guy who listen to dub and reggae) in a 275L and both sound good. It's not flat, but good sounding in an oldkool way (that's how they wanted it) with at low power tube amp. If you push it to hard, it start beaming (or the beaming start to be annoying, because it always beams). But it surely can be used for hifi purpose, if you do it right.

I was planning to build one set (the ported) for me also, but due to circumstances, paid builds for others and a long waiting list of own projects i did not get there yet...

Another one, the Altec 604 rebuild by Great Plains Audio:

HIGH EFFICIENCY DRIVERS – Great Plains Audio

Ferrite version 604-8H-III for USD1799, Alnico version USD2290. Currently with 15% discount, if that matters to you :D

Build by Stephæn Harrell on 6moons:

hero_extro_0.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.