• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Triodes from Russia

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I saw those 4p1l sockets on that site, but for that price, I can get a whole handful of those tubes. There is a far east supplier selling 10 sockets for $16.00 or 4 sockets for $9.99. Quality may not be the same, but what the heck, I am on a tight budget. Even if some have to be turfed after a while, it is still better value in my book. The site is still interesting though.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Gm70 triode definitely!!! Great directly heated triode constructed for AF amplifiers and AM modulators.

Metal base 6N8S made in MELZ, Moskovski Elektrolampovni Zavod

Metal base 6N9S made in MELZ, Moskovski Elektrolampovni Zavod

6N30P

6S33S-V 6C33C-B Audio triode

And if you need cheap sweep tubes 6P41S and 6P45S ...

6N8S - get the tubes with the ROUND holes all others are not that good. Round hole 6SN7/6N8S sound SUPERB. Fetch some good $$ to here in the USA for good reason.

I've tried to get the in-laws (St Petersburg) to get me some, no luck yet and they worked in the USSR military, electrical engineers working with tube gear. They never travel without a solder iron and rosin flux (no kidding).

Cheers,

Bob

Cheers,
Bob

I saw those 4p1l sockets on that site, but for that price, I can get a whole handful of those tubes. There is a far east supplier selling 10 sockets for $16.00 or 4 sockets for $9.99. Quality may not be the same, but what the heck, I am on a tight budget. Even if some have to be turfed after a while, it is still better value in my book. The site is still interesting though.
Be warned; the Locktal sockets that you mention from the far east do not work at all! The Russian ones are great.

the Locktal sockets that you mention from the far east do not work at all!

oh but they do.....look at my 7N7 preamp:

tube015.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.