TPA3255 - all about DIY, Discussion, Design etc

i love the linear PSU in the TeaBox
What torroid is in there and how did u build it ?

I have TPA 3255 powered by a swtching PSU, a 600W 48V Meanwell and it sounds just great.

Some other pictures :)

IMG-20200201-121836.jpg

IMG-20200201-121822.jpg

Hi,

I would like to use I2S as an input for a 3255 amp (yet to be built).

The input would come from a Dante adapter which receives audio from an ethernet cable (Digimedia DIO-RCA-TOS DC). This adapter is able to output I2S, e.g. via HDMI when modified or directly.

Does anyone have experience with using I2S input on the 3255?

Thank you in advance

Chris

Hi amigo,

OPA question :

I heard lots of great reviews about this OPA SPARKOS LABS SS3602

SPARKOS LABS SS3602 AOP Discret Double DIP8 (Unite) - Audiophonics

I am now using a pair of OPA1622 on my TPA 3255 Amplifier and sounds great. Do the preamps affect the RCA output ?

Is there any sense to update those OPA for this setup ? :

- Need to Drive two high end floor Speakers : 120 RMS @ 93 DB
- I am using a Tube Pream P1 with some Tung Sol 6485
- Preamp connected via the RCA Output.

I am certainly not the best to answer, but I tried rolling opamps in a Zishan z2. I tried the opa627, like you I found it much too warm. The best by quite a bit was the LME49720HA, the metal one. It ought to be the same as the non-HA, but it didn't care and just sounded better - very liquid, it just sounded right and magical somehow. I also tried the muses02 but the HA was better - I believe the muses was a bit bright, where the HA was a bit warmer but still completely clear. Also tried Burson v5i, came in second place but was much more expensive. The guy I sold it all to came to the same conclusions. So I would consider the HA or just the ne5532, which I believe measure so good it will not be the limiting factor. Just be sure to get genuine ones no matter which.

I would surely try the LME49720HA, but unfortunately I cannot roll at the moment ;)

But then again, I know neither if they will fit your amp or has anything to say for the rca outs (but I think).

Last edited: