TPA3255 - all about DIY, Discussion, Design etc

Hi

I have build a few different Amps but i'm still using TPA ... It Sound best Overall for me

Now i tested with active xover between Bass (10 inch) and Mid/High ( 8 inch + ribbon tweeter)
The passive Crossover at 180Hz is Not the best Idea
The active one Sounds more precise

If you have a Chance to select a TPA amplifier ... What would you do?

2x TPA in Stereo In Standard BTL Mode
Then you have two Options
One TPA for Bass other for high/Mid
Or
That one TPA for left other TPA for right

Last Option is to use one TPA in PBTL Mode for every channel

What would you prefer?

I'm sure this was addressed earlier, but....

I realize the large electrolytic output capacitor is needed when running this amp single-ended, and it's not needed in BTL mode. Is there any harm in using a 4700uf capacitor in BTL mode? It seems like that would add some DC protection if the BTL amp was used in an active crossover situation.

Seems to me that a non-polar capacitor can be used as long as the voltage on the + side of the cap is never less than the voltage on the - side.

In the case of BTL, that will still be the case. Given a 10 volt DC power supply, when either amp is swinging from 0 - 10 volts, the + side of the capacitor will be swinging from 0 - 10 volts, and the - side will be swinging from -5 to +5 volts. The voltage on the + side is always greater than the - side.

What am I missing?

No, given a 10 volt power supply with a BTL amplifier. Each output terminal you will be at +5 volts. During the positive music cycle the positive terminal will approach 10 volts and the negative terminal will approach 0 volts. The positive terminal will be more positive than the negative terminal. During the negative music peaks the positive terminal will approach 0 volts and the negative terminal will approach 10 volts. The negative speaker terminal will be more positive than the positive speaker terminal. With a 10 volt supply and a voltmeter placed across the speaker terminals, you will see 20 volts peak to peak across the speaker or 7 volts RMS when the amplifier is driven to clipping.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi. Maybe anyone here can help me modify this board from stereo to mono?
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 159