TPA3255 - all about DIY, Discussion, Design etc

If the opamp does not whistle, then the distortion spectrum on all TPA32xx should be something like this. Regardless of the type of op-amp.

Attachments

• FX-502s. 10W.JPG
    FX-502s. 10W.JPG
    706.4 KB · Views: 578
Sorry to change the subject. Any recommended Op amp upgrade for the 3e Audio 3250 amp? Audio science shows replacing the OPA 1602 with the cheaper LM4562 improves measurements.
3e Audio SY-DAP2002 Review (DSP Amplifier) | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum
I'm not looking for better measurements, just a better sound. Can an Op amps tone down the upper mids?. BTW I've tried using the onboard DSP with the 3e Audio USBi cable, but unable to save to EEPROM board. An external DSP would have been better.

Has anyone used one of the 4-channel TPA325x alternatives ? I'm considering them for active speakers (2 drivers per cabinet) so interested in feedback & advice

ShuiYuan (?) TPA3251 o Amplifier Board 4X100W Hight Power 4 Channel Cl D o Amplifier Board Module|Operational Amplifier Chips| - AliExpress

3EAudio TPA3251-4CH-100W | 3e Audio

Lyele (?) TPA3255 power amplifier board four channel digital class D high power power amplifier board 300W*4|Amplifier| - AliExpress
TPA3251/TPA3255 digital audio amplifier board 1/2/4 channel 135W/175W/315W/600W power amplifier board|Amplifier| - AliExpress

Unknown Brand TPA3255 Sound Amplifier Board 315W 4 Channel Digital Class D Power Amplificador NEW 2020|Operational Amplifier Chips| - AliExpress

All seem to have surface mounted OpAmps and other aspects vary (one includes fans)

Is there any real advantage to using a single 4-channel board vs. 2 dual channel boards eg. related to power supply

Is there any real advantage to using a single 4-channel board vs. 2 dual channel boards eg. related to power supply
I use this one.
The difference in the price / quality ratio.
You get 4 BTL channels for the price of two.
But, I immediately replaced the TL 071.
It is possible to switch to 1PBTL + 2BTL mode.
I have three speakers in each speaker. I connect the PBTL channel at the low frequency, and at the midrange and high frequencies through the BTL channel.
It is not recommended to use a power supply with a voltage higher than 36 volts.
On your first link, a similar amplifier, only on TPA 3251
It will heat up less because it has a better radiator.
The rest I don't know, newer developments.
The only real advantage is the price.

Last edited:
To Polevka
Hey!
THD measurement at 10 watts RMS into 8 ohm load.
The noise level is about 100 dB.
P.S. The filter calculation is available on the TI website.

I tried to recalculate the filter so that the frequency response does not fall over to the high frequency when the driver resistance is 8 ohms. It turned out that the filter frequency should be 90 kHz. for 10uH coil.
Or change the inductor.

Attachments

• Рассчёт выходн&#10.png
    Рассчёт выходн&#10.png
    216.3 KB · Views: 381
This is clear. Didn't want to change inductance ...
To increase the inductance means to buy another one and wait for it to arrive - a month or more. This is not an option.
It is not clear why ULFs are designed for a load of 4 Ohms?
Does everyone have car speakers in their acoustics? :)
My speakers have 16 Ohm drivers for LF and MF.

P.S. I'll leave it as it is for now. I will equalize with an equalizer ...

Last edited:
Has anyone used one of the 4-channel TPA325x alternatives ? I'm considering them for active speakers (2 drivers per cabinet) so interested in feedback & advice
[...]

There is a DIS-advantage to using the 4-channel boards: the heatsinks are too small. Even with the 4ch board designed by 3e-audio, he cautions against using the full TPA3251 rail voltage with 4 Ohm loads. It's because too much heat will be generated, especially if the amp board is enclosed in a box without forced air (fan) cooling added.

I have a 4-ch TPA3255 board and I am thinking of making an aluminum spacer block to replace the existing heatsink. I can then mount the board via the spacer block to a larger heatsinnk.

As long as the PCB traces can handle the necessary current flow, there is nothing technically wrong with these 4-ch boards. Well, as long as they are designed correctly and the layout is good. But it is difficult to know that without buying and measuring one!

This is clear. Didn't want to change inductance ...
To increase the inductance means to buy another one and wait for it to arrive - a month or more. This is not an option.
It is not clear why ULFs are designed for a load of 4 Ohms?
Does everyone have car speakers in their acoustics? :)
My speakers have 16 Ohm drivers for LF and MF.

P.S. I'll leave it as it is for now. I will equalize with an equalizer ...

Try to make feedback from the filter output -PFFB . The effect of the filter will decrease.

Last edited: