TPA3255 - all about DIY, Discussion, Design etc

So what I am seeing is that non linearity becomes worst after 2Khz.
3 to 6.67Khz is visible to audio testers in 20Khz bandwidth. Not only we increase H2 and H3 but even some higher harmonics . There is some evidence that higher harmonics are detrimental to SQ.
Further 15Khz to 20Khz sine , harmonics (worst than 6.67Khz) came at 30 to 60Khz where we have a peak from LC filter that amplifies the H ! You cannot see those H because of the filters like aux0025...but they exist.

So we have 2 things. The rising H at 3-4-5-6Khz that are in audible threshold . An increase in noise after the LC filter (in fact amplified) and not reduced by above filter. Noise direct to your speakers . Of course , speakers have crossovers but they are not perfect.

It is my personal opinion , that for best SQ , THD on 6.67Khz HAS to be greatly reduced..but I have no test data to correlate this to SQ. Just a hunch :)

TPA3255 PVDD limits ?

Hello,

I'm new to the TPA3255, and I have a PSU question.
I downloaded the datasheet and like to use it in BTL stereo configuration.

I'm not sure what is the max PVDD, the datasheet "recommended operating conditions" said 56.5V in 6 ohms and 53.5 in 4 ohms, but what's about 8 ohms ?

Anyone with experience around this limit ?
What's happening if the limit is crossed (datasheet absolute rating is 69v) ?
Chip burning, more distortion ?

Thanks for your answers !

D

Deleted member 148505

Hello,

I'm not sure what is the max PVDD, the datasheet "recommended operating conditions" said 56.5V in 6 ohms and 53.5 in 4 ohms, but what's about 8 ohms ?

Datasheet says: For load impedance ≥ 6Ω PVDD can be increased, provided a reduced over-current threshold is set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or!!! :RÉ !! like this...

Attachments

• 580-Ctrlfix-Strat-7.jpg
    580-Ctrlfix-Strat-7.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 530
Hello,

The meaning of "absolute rating is 69V" described in the datasheet is the limit voltage at which the chip is not destroyed even if it is applied to the TPA3255 chip. It is not the maximum voltage that the chip is allowed to operate. It simply means the maximum voltage applied to the chip.
The maximum voltage that the TPA3255 chip can operate as an amplifier is 56.5V as described in "recommended operating conditions".

Hi guys,

Is there any comparison available between the named TPA3255 boards?
The 3e seems to be many peoples' favorite. Any opinions on the JLE? it seems to be a nice board of a higer quality... how it performs comparing the XRK / DrMordor?

Thanks.

Not sure why you think the JLE board is higher quality than the 3e. The 3e board performs well and has not had any problems associated with it design. Both of my 3e boards have no background noise and produce amazing sound. The JLE board looks good but this does not reflect quality or good design.