TPA3255 - all about DIY, Discussion, Design etc

Not at all. My project is going ahead and hopefully I can share some good news soon.

I have shared my test data. I seen test data from everyone here that makes tpa3255 . Drmordor said a few times that he will post it...but nothing so far.

It takes us 1h max to make a setup and take a reading . Must be that test data is not so good.

I have found a way to decrease further. We are frankly at the floor of our AP machine .
I have sent for a new PCB that has one last trick . On the test setup , I am able to reach 0.0005 THD+N at 1Khz 4R , 5W. Thats on par with Purifi amp .

I have made a new PCB that uses a new trick to remove noise. I am using inter-plane capacitance to slightly reduce EMI (or at least thats the plan)
This is my last PCB. I will post the test data as soon as I get it.

chips666

I want to make clear one thing, we are not gunning for best THD because we want to compete on numbers...but to a certain point there seems to be a correlation betwen SQ and H (especially higher ones)
This amp is geared towards best SQ. I am taking dozens of tests a day and reducing EMI or sw noise (600Khz) and as a results we see THD or N decrease.

We take those tests and work on reducing those noises because we believe that they have an influence on SQ. So not a race to THD but a race to minimize what we believe can affect SQ.
The amp that you presently have seems to be very competently designed .

I would say the following....

We are aware that DrModor is expected at the turn for the measurements of its module ...and me the first!

However, if some of us feel that its module sounds great and probably better than 3E Audio, TI EVM etc ... and if the future measurements show that this module is finally disappointing: what would we do?

In any case, I will probably be the first to rush to Cdsgames modules but for all that, I would continue to say that DrModor's modules are splendid to my ears (anyway) :)

I still think I can say that I have tested a bunch of amps on this forum and still get goosebumps when I listen to David Munyon's HD Audio songs on the DrModor module when I don't have not on my Hypex Double Mono nor on my Pascal double mono .... I will confim this with the next Purifi, and believe me; I expect a lot! :p

You must probably think that I am crazy ... but I am a gullible explorer, a foolish risk taker ... an excessive curious ... since I was a kid I have an attraction for the unusual and if when I was told to go to the right ... I always went to the left! I will continue to be amazed by the founders) DrMordor is a genius without measures ... cdsgames is rational genius and I like it )
you should swap your modules guys!!! ))))))))))

Last edited:
Nice. I am curious of what you got.

I get 6.67Khz 10W 8R at 0.001 THD+N (-100) harmonic dominated

1Khz at (THD) 0.00013 (-117) and 0.0006 THD+N (-105) noise dominated .

I am still improving those numbers.

Of course I am using my own buffers . (yes result is with buffers)

One last thing...if you are only testing now you might not get good test data. We tested many times the THD vs different values of PFFB (and yes they make a big difference)

My PFFB is custom .

Hello
Well done, what is the gain of the TPA, excluding the entry stage?
Best regards
Roger

Hello
Is it a state secret?
Regards
Roger

Last edited: