TPA3255 - all about DIY, Discussion, Design etc

I for clipping and fault pin use schematic from EVM.
For reset pin:

Attachments

• reset.jpg
    reset.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 860
I just received my 3e-audio TPA3255-2CH-260W board (after reading about it here) and realized I probably should have gone with a mono board. Is it possible to bridge the outputs on this board and if so how should it be wired? Any concerns about the input? I can't find any specifics about doing this anywhere and don't want to fry it.

I'm building an amp for my upright bass and don't need 2 channels, but need lots of power!
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yes, I got them.

Unfortunately the CY7C68013A did not came/was lost. So I reorder it...

I got my stereo and mono TPA3255.

Unfortunately too the MKP caps wont fit in the inner between the coils... So I have to put them 1 on bottom layer the other on top.

Today I have only stock 2 Way crossover on the DSP.

I will put my own programm für 2.1 and selectable option of 2.0 for working without any subwoofer if I hade no possibility to take the subwoofer.

Is it difficult to program some bass boost or other nice features of the ADAU1701?

Many thanks

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-07-25 at 22.19.08(1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-25 at 22.19.08(1).jpeg
    442.9 KB · Views: 530
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-07-25 at 22.19.08.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-25 at 22.19.08.jpeg
    374.4 KB · Views: 524
Hi guys, I hope to be able to source your combined intelligence on my noob problem.

I'm building a 3-way active speaker. I'd like to power each driver with an individual TPA3255 channel.

So the options I see:
- buy one 2-channel TPA3255 board for the mid and high driver, and a 1-channel board for the subwoofer driver...
or
- buy a 4-channel TPA3255 board to power 3 drivers and leave one channel unused.

(I'm looking at this 4 channel board for example : Amplifier Board - AIYIMA B2D2205 - TPA3255 | 4 Channel 315W Power Ampl )

Is that second option okay to do though?
Is it okay to leave one channel unused / unconnected?
I think I remember reading that TPA's don't deal well with unconnected outputs - would using only 3 channels of that 4 channel amp create problems?

Hope you can help me out with this.

EDIT:
I realize using TPA3255 for mids and highs might be overkill, but I prefer to keep everything matched - so there are no gain differences between amps powering drivers.
If it's okay to only use 3 channels of the 4 channel TPA3255 amp, that would be great for me.

Hi guys, I hope to be able to source your combined intelligence on my noob problem.

I'm building a 3-way active speaker. I'd like to power each driver with an individual TPA3255 channel.

So the options I see:
- buy one 2-channel TPA3255 board for the mid and high driver, and a 1-channel board for the subwoofer driver...
or
- buy a 4-channel TPA3255 board to power 3 drivers and leave one channel unused.

(I'm looking at this 4 channel board for example : Amplifier Board - AIYIMA B2D2205 - TPA3255 | 4 Channel 315W Power Ampl )

Is that second option okay to do though?
Is it okay to leave one channel unused / unconnected?
I think I remember reading that TPA's don't deal well with unconnected outputs - would using only 3 channels of that 4 channel amp create problems?

Hope you can help me out with this.

EDIT:
I realize using TPA3255 for mids and highs might be overkill, but I prefer to keep everything matched - so there are no gain differences between amps powering drivers.
If it's okay to only use 3 channels of the 4 channel TPA3255 amp, that would be great for me.

The Aiyima amp is available on AliExpress for a much lower price.

ABKT 1Pcs Tpa3255 Four Channel High Power Digital Class D Amplifier Board|Amplifier| - AliExpress

However, it appears to be a 'copy' of the 3eAudio board:

TPA3251 4x100W 4Ch Class D Audio Amplifier|Amplifier| - AliExpress

3eAudio also make a TPA325* mono board, 3 of which would suit your purposes, but I can't see them available currently.

So my 3E Audio TPA3255 board and Meanwell LRS-350-48 power supply temporary set up is now 2 years old, I think it is about time for a permanent enclosure!! I want to put both in a metal enclosure but have a few queries for those who have done this before.

1. Can I switch the 240V AC on and off with a DPDT switch on the front panel and have the Meanwell completely off when not in use or is it better to switch the DC output?

2. Would a soft start circuit like this Softstart Module 230V 15A for Amplifiers - Audiophonics be of any use?

3. I understand the Meanwells are well protected, would I need a fuse on the AC side?

The Aiyima amp is available on AliExpress for a much lower price.

ABKT 1Pcs Tpa3255 Four Channel High Power Digital Class D Amplifier Board|Amplifier| - AliExpress

However, it appears to be a 'copy' of the 3eAudio board:

TPA3251 4x100W 4Ch Class D Audio Amplifier|Amplifier| - AliExpress

3eAudio also make a TPA325* mono board, 3 of which would suit your purposes, but I can't see them available currently.

Looks like 3E's is using smd capacitors and Aiyima is using through-hole caps...

I had already mailed 3E, I don't think he's making 3 or 4 channel boards any more.

His reply when asked about 3255 boards is
2channel already release B version
1 channel will available next week.

I still haven't found an answer to my question though - when using a multi-channel TPA325X board, is it okay to leave one channel unused & unconnected, or will that fry the board / cause trouble..?