TPA3251d2

I'm now thinking of getting the 3e audio 3255 finished board instead and pondering over which PSU for it. Probably a cheap Chinese switching PSU first before I get a linear one

Regulated / Linear is the best sounding.

I use this one for my tube pre-amp, with my mods sounds equal to a 12v battery, Perfect.

Rob43

Attachments

• thumbnail_(1)_-_Edited - Edited (2).png
    thumbnail_(1)_-_Edited - Edited (2).png
    357.1 KB · Views: 449
Last edited:
Breaking news. I have sent the original ne5532 from my Aiyima a04 amplifier to an amplifier engineer for investigation and the results are like this:
The ne5532 that is inside the Aiyima amplifier is NOT a fake IC.

A genuin ne5532 was compared to a Aiyima ne5532 and a lm4562.
The two ne5532 where performing exactly the same and the lm4562 is only a tiny bit better. faktiskt.io • Visa trad - Ljudmassig utvardering av tpa3251 Aiyima A04 - klass D

Attachments

• 811A43AD-47F0-4C50-BCB1-BECCA160692E.jpeg
    811A43AD-47F0-4C50-BCB1-BECCA160692E.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 353
Breaking news. I have sent the original ne5532 from my Aiyima a04 amplifier to an amplifier engineer for investigation and the results are like this:
The ne5532 that is inside the Aiyima amplifier is NOT a fake IC.

A genuin ne5532 was compared to a Aiyima ne5532 and a lm4562.
The two ne5532 where performing exactly the same and the lm4562 is only a tiny bit better. faktiskt.io • Visa trad - Ljudmassig utvardering av tpa3251 Aiyima A04 - klass D

That's great for your one time test, but as everyone knows there have been many many tests like this where the chinese made op amps turnout to be poor quality fakes.

At best it's a crap shoot as to anyone getting a real ne5532 op amp when they purchase a ~$45 amp from china.

Personally I look at the ne5532 like they're a McDonalds hamburger in quality, this of course assumes we are talking about a real ne5532 to begin with. I'd much rather have a Steak from a well known restaurant, just like I'd want to listen to a great sounding op amp that was Not purchased from a chinese source, but a reputable source known for selling authentic electronic parts.

Rob43

Personally I look at the ne5532 like they're a McDonalds hamburger in quality, this of course assumes we are talking about a real ne5532 to begin with. I'd much rather have a Steak from a well known restaurant, just like I'd want to listen to a great sounding op amp that was Not purchased from a chinese source, but a reputable source known for selling authentic electronic parts.
The NE5532 is one hell of an opamp that I´m sure 99% will not be able to distinguish in AB-tests. Most music has been through these.
Seems you´re the Mcd hamburger after all ;-)

New to the forum, hi all!

I have been reading a lot about the best TPA325x to get, but I am still a bit confused. Given that the 3e Audio finished amps are not available to buy at the moment (and in any case would need to be ordered from China which means customs for EU), what do you think is the best option currently:

- Aiyima A07/TPA3255 or A04/TPA3251? I understand A04 was the better option with the old Tilear black PCB, but with the new version reduced quality components, is it still a better sound to A07? The difference in power is of no concern for my use

- are non-branded TPA3255 with same box as Aiyima A07 actually the same, or any chance they have better components? For example this one: Amplifier Stereo Class D TPA3255 2x225W 4 Ohm - Audiophonics? I cannot spot a difference in the PCB/components, but someone more expert maybe?

Thanks!

I have been reading a lot about the best TPA325x to get, but I am still a bit confused. Given that the 3e Audio finished amps are not available to buy at the moment (and in any case would need to be ordered from China which means customs for EU), what do you think is the best option currently:

- Aiyima A07/TPA3255 or A04/TPA3251? I understand A04 was the better option with the old Tilear black PCB, but with the new version reduced quality components, is it still a better sound to A07? The difference in power is of no concern for my use

- are non-branded TPA3255 with same box as Aiyima A07 actually the same, or any chance they have better components? For example this one: Amplifier Stereo Class D TPA3255 2x225W 4 Ohm - Audiophonics? I cannot spot a difference in the PCB/components, but someone more expert maybe?

Thanks!

The new version of Aiyima a04 ( green card ) is the only amplifier thats been measured with test- signals by Rallyfinnen and the measurements looks great with the stock ne 5532. I have sent my ne5532 to a professional and the IC is NOT a fake one . BUT - to my ears, theres a very real improvement using LM 4562 instead of ne5532 , even if it dont show up in the measurements.
Aiyima A04 TPA 3251 measurements, and maybe more
I would personaly not buy a 3A amplifier because of their use of ne5532.
The sound will be a bit compomised and you dont have the ability to switch IC.

The new Aiyima a07 without ” pop” sound is in my view a very interesting amplifier. Right at the moment, I have two Aiyima a04 in my active threeway system ( Crown xli 1500 driving the subwoofers ) and Im very pleased with the sound.

Edit : the tpa 3255 from audiophonics has no ” pop” sound, and looks very interesting.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Thanks!

Checkout :

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend? | Page 17 | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

3E Audio will release new TPA3255 finished amp by end of October.
About 3E Audio finished amplifiers : First batch TPA3251 = OPA1602, then Ne5532. First batch TPA3255 = NE5532 only.

As already discussed, I would avoid any Chinese TPA325X amp but the Aiyima Tilear Rev 2.1 = not more produced....
Once more, get a high end TPA325X, you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
Joined 2019
Paid Member

Thanks!

One can also look at drMordor’s TPA3255 offerings (w & w/o embedded PS components). I just bought one of his 110VAC 3255 amps and it sounds just wonderfully neutral with fatigue free listening. Great dynamics as well.

Cheers, Pete

TPA3255

Hello,

Received drMordor TPA 3255 today (black pcb = only 220volt)

Connected SE via RCA to Concero HD dac
Sound is really good
Difficult to put in words
Maybe even better than my TPA3255EVM with opamps bypassed

Also want to connect BAL via XLR to RME Adi-2 dac (awaiting my repaired unit)

This is the best TPA3255 if have heard and this amp will stay in my system for longer period

Enjoy...
:D ;) :)