TPA3251d2

daniboun,

Do you prefer the Burson V5i-d op amps over the NJR MUSES02 op amps? You seemed to like the MUSES02. They’re steeply priced, and you mentioned that they are better than the OPA1622 op amps, but maybe not worth the difference.

That s right. The Muse 02 is really surprising out of the box. BUT : The more I listen to the Burson Audio, the more I like it. I think that the V5i need a few hours of running in before showing the potential. But I keep on saying that they are really expensive....

Let me test the OPA1656, these could be the best deal considering the price and probably a great alternative. Their specification is pretty incredible, take a look at the TI site.

Spec :

Ultra-low noise:
Voltage noise: 2.9 nV/√Hz at 10 kHz
Current noise: 6 fA/√Hz at 1 kHz
Low distortion:
0.000029% (–131 dB) at 1 kHz
0.000035% (–129 dB) at 20 kHz
High open-loop gain: 150 dB
High output current: 100 mA
Low input bias current: 10 pA
Slew rate: 24 V/µs
Gain bandwidth product: 53 MHz
Rail-to-rail output
Wide supply range:
±2.25 V to ±18 V or 4.5 V to 36 V
Quiescent current: 3.9 mA per channel

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
My Aiyima TPA3255 just arrived. Not had time to plug it in yet !!

First impressions are very positive. Nice Construction and quality components. Volume Control appears to have holes drilled and PCB places for LED's but they are not installed which is a pity.

My only concern was the main power supply tracks on the PCB seem very small for the current they might have to cary !!??

I purchased this to replace a dual chip TPA3116 based amp (Nobsound / Breeze Audio) which provides good quality sound but has an annoying whistle through the speakers when there is no signal ? I have tried several different power supplies but the whistle is always present.

My Aiyima TPA3255 just arrived. Not had time to plug it in yet !!

First impressions are very positive. Nice Construction and quality components. Volume Control appears to have holes drilled and PCB places for LED's but they are not installed which is a pity.

My only concern was the main power supply tracks on the PCB seem very small for the current they might have to cary !!??

I purchased this to replace a dual chip TPA3116 based amp (Nobsound / Breeze Audio) which provides good quality sound but has an annoying whistle through the speakers when there is no signal ? I have tried several different power supplies but the whistle is always present.

You might love it. But be carefull non anti pop at start-up...this is why I prefer the Aiyima tpa3251.
As discussed you Can get a pair of opa1622 to improve your sound experience. Works also fine with a linear PSU. Don't worry about the PSU tracks, I tested the Aiyima TPA3255 during long hours with a SMPS 48V / 500W PSU + Toroidal PSU = absolutely no issues.

Let us know your opinion ��

Last edited:
I have a number of Meanwell SMPS Power Supplies from 24 to 48 volt, 200 and 320 watt.

Discovered some time ago that some of the Retail POS equipment uses Meanwell 24v 200w Power Supplies so you can pick them up off eBay for a few British pounds. They need to be modified though as they use the remote Power On feature. Quite easy to modify. They have fans which isn’t ideal but very quiet.

The power switch on the front panel of the Aiyima amps appears to be connected to the mute circuit rather than the power supply. Is that correct ?

So when do you get the POP ? When connecting the power or throwing the front panel switch ?

I wish there were some circuit diagrams for these amps. Anyone found one yet ??

The power switch on the front panel of the Aiyima amps appears to be connected to the mute circuit rather than the power supply. Is that correct ?
So when do you get the POP ? When connecting the power or throwing the front panel switch ?
I wish there were some circuit diagrams for these amps. Anyone found one yet ??

The Pop comes when you power on the Amplifier via the Switch button on the front panel.

I wonder if this speakers protection could fit :

Carte de protection de haut parleur Lusya UPC1237 directement montee sur le chassis Performance fiable pour amplificateur Hifi AC12 24V A1 004|Amplificateur| | - AliExpress

HP.jpg

I thought the general opinion was that one shouldn't power up a digital amplifier without the speakers being connected.

Is this a Texas Instruments issue that needs to be fixed within the chip ? Given the chip has been out for sometime now I am guessing it is more of an implementation problem.

Let me test the OPA1656, these could be the best deal considering the price and probably a great alternative. Their specification is pretty incredible, take a look at the TI site.

Spec :

Ultra-low noise:
Voltage noise: 2.9 nV/√Hz at 10 kHz
Current noise: 6 fA/√Hz at 1 kHz
Low distortion:
0.000029% (–131 dB) at 1 kHz
0.000035% (–129 dB) at 20 kHz
High open-loop gain: 150 dB
High output current: 100 mA
Low input bias current: 10 pA
Slew rate: 24 V/µs
Gain bandwidth product: 53 MHz
Rail-to-rail output
Wide supply range:
±2.25 V to ±18 V or 4.5 V to 36 V
Quiescent current: 3.9 mA per channel

Have you had a chance to burn in and test out the OPA1656 yet ? According to a few people I've talked to, I'm told that the 1656's sound really good.

I've got several OPA1692, OPA2209, LME49860, and OPA1656's on order along 10 SOIC to DIP-8 adapters, but I'm still weeks away from being able to solder them up and burn them in.

Rob43

Have you had a chance to burn in and test out the OPA1656 yet ? According to a few people I've talked to, I'm told that the 1656's sound really good.
I've got several OPA1692, OPA2209, LME49860, and OPA1656's on order along 10 SOIC to DIP-8 adapters, but I'm still weeks away from being able to solder them up and burn them in. Rob43

Hi. Not yet because or the Corona virus my parcel is blocked.
As soon as I get it : I will let you know.
Regarding all I read seems to be a very good opa. I Wonder if it is going to perform better than my Burson audio.... looking forward to test it )

Next round : Buron Audio V5i vs OPA1656 vs OPA1622

Last edited:
^ Thank you.

I considered those non-solder adapters before I ordered everything, but they're on the big side and probably would not fit into my application. Also the bigger square pins that they use probably won't fit into any round hole Dip-8 adapters that normally would get used for op amp rolling.

Rob43

The problem with these adapters is I barely have space for a DIP8 chip between other components so no room for chunky adapters !!

^ Thank you.

I considered those non-solder adapters before I ordered everything, but they're on the big side and probably would not fit into my application. Also the bigger square pins that they use probably won't fit into any round hole Dip-8 adapters that normally would get used for op amp rolling.

Rob43

Yep, they are big.

I'm building onto this type of gold plated adapter, I'll solder the black ones to my main board. Then I'll be able to roll in and out with the blue adapters.

Rob43

Attachments

• s-l640_-_Edited.png
    s-l640_-_Edited.png
    210.7 KB · Views: 479
  • HTB1WKXrbyOYBuNjSsD4q6zSkFXak_-_Edited.png
    HTB1WKXrbyOYBuNjSsD4q6zSkFXak_-_Edited.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 469
Hi Guys,

I am in the process of making a new TPA32XX amplifier, based on the Zero Zone non public board. This is going to be my second attempt.... with a Toroidal PSU and some OPA1656 on it... I can already share the future enclosure.
This enclosure will also be used for my dual mono project, its size is perfect for any kind of project. Wait and see )

1BPkxCl.jpg

khfweUE.jpg

YWNDnEW.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I am in the process of making a new TPA32XX amplifier, based on the Zero Zone non public board. This is going to be my second attempt.... with a Toroidal PSU and some OPA1656 on it... I can already share the future enclosure.
This enclosure will also be used for my dual mono project, its size is perfect for any kind of project. Wait and see )

Looks like a thing of beauty, I wish you well. I'm hoping you can A/B test your new OPA1656's* vs something standard like a set of 5532's.

Also consider some type EMI Filter, I have used these inside the chassis on some other non-audio builds with good success.

Rob43

* Burn them in for ~100 hrs.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-04-15 at 1.14.46 AM - Edited.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-15 at 1.14.46 AM - Edited.png
    101.8 KB · Views: 152
Looks like a thing of beauty, I wish you well. I'm hoping you can A/B test your new OPA1656's* vs something standard like a set of 5532's.

Also consider some type EMI Filter, I have used these inside the chassis on some other non-audio builds with good success. .

Good to know ! I will take a look at this filter.
I should receive my OPA1656 within Monday April 20th... as soon as I get it, I will test it and share my opinion (VS OPA Burson Audio V5i VS OPA1622)

It is difficult to evaluate op amps as there are so many possible implementations and use, not to mention gain, loads, PS decoupling - but for whatever it'ss worth, I posted my impressions on the OPA1656 thread a while ago.

In short, it seems to be trully an excellent sounding OP amp, at the very top.

I am yet not quite sure if it can still be further enhenced when biased in Class A (it then sounds at least different). Well, not that it really needs it :)

Anyway, it works very well as it is and Class A bias could still be easily implemented if wished.

Have fun with your builds

Claude

It is difficult to evaluate op amps as there are so many possible implementations and use, not to mention gain, loads, PS decoupling - but for whatever it'ss worth, I posted my impressions on the OPA1656 thread a while ago.

In short, it seems to be trully an excellent sounding OP amp, at the very top.

I am yet not quite sure if it can still be further enhenced when biased in Class A (it then sounds at least different). Well, not that it really needs it :)

Anyway, it works very well as it is and Class A bias could still be easily implemented if wished.

Have fun with your builds

Claude

Thank you Claude, I certainly appreciate your hard work ! :)

Rob43