TPA3250 somebody is listening?

Through whom? And which package?

I get my stuff through Mouser mostly, and we're talking $3 for them both in SOIC and DIP. Think they're the same price looking up 49720 and 4562. I spend the big bucks on the 49860's though, (3.17 in singles and only SOIC) for that sweet wider voltage range.

- hello! IMO- it's not worth to worry! I have Yamaha A-S300, that costs apr. Eur 300 ... But that's sound make me cry ... :mad:
Eur 75,00 TPA3255 plate from Audiophonics not comparable much- much better than...

Hi AleksandrsB,
The Audiophonics board looks nice but does it have a POP sound when turned ON/OFF?
Is it silent when no music is playing or does it have some kind of hum?

Hi AleksandrsB,
The Audiophonics board looks nice but does it have a POP sound when turned ON/OFF?
Is it silent when no music is playing or does it have some kind of hum?

That's the same as the aliexpress ~40 € board (without 3.3V regulator, but blue board).
I bought it and it worked OK for a week, then it started producing popping sounds (for 30s, a couple of pops a second) when powering it up, during which no audio could be played. Then it works ok.. except that now it also sometimes produces pops after being powered and used for a while. :whazzat:

There is no hum or hiss (when it's working properly)! I am using Meanwell LRS-350-48 to power it.

Because of these problems I ordered tpa3251 board from 3e-audio...

Hello, ceausuc
Romania.gif
!
If shortly- yes, my TPA board is silent dead with no signal on input...
And, sadly, Yes, it has ON/OFF pop's ... Not to loud and no destroish, but ....
I use FX-audio 32V/5A "big brick" PSU....

Hello, my nordish neighbor finnsam
Finland.gif
!
== That's the same as the aliexpress ~40 € board ==
Yes, you are right in main ... But- not exact, and You, I hope, know- Who going into hiding in details ... ;-) !?
That similar boards go to sell in ali approx. Eur 50 ... plus 21% TAX ... plus Custom/postal fee ... It is not so cheap, as can see for a first look...
This board NOT almost perfect, but that do not have haotic pop's on stand-by ;-)

Yes, I have both an F5 and the TPA3255 EV board.
The Class D is running with a linear supply at 53V and I changed the input capacitors.
F5 is built with quality parts and choke supply. Speakers are an easy load at 8 ohms and good SPL.
I was fighting against it, but I like the TPA more than the F5 right now.

F5 Pro-more HF-extension, slightly more natural in general maybe and maybe a little better in decay of notes.

TPA pro-everything else :eek: Much better bass control, midrange is clearer, stage is more structured and focused. When the F5 articulates very well, the Class D does even more of that. F5 appears to be a little blurred in comparison, which was surprising to me. Probably a result of the 150 W at 8 ohms.

And there is no listener fatigue, which I always encountered after a while with all class D or chip amps. It even swings and got the rhythm...and no harshness.
And it seems to be very revealing to the source, my 3 preamps never sounded that much different before.
For my ears I like it best with a good valve preamp, it seems to add a little pleasant distortion and some meat on the bones:p
If there is a weakness, then in HF extension and resolution, but this can well be the filter characteristics not matching with my 8 ohm speakers. Just not as fluid as I know it from other amps, a little damped, but hardly noticeable. Are there better amps? Of course! But not in my house right now.
But for the 80$ shipped this was a huge bargain; and my V-Fet amp is still waiting for its built.
Maybe this helps...

Thanks Forestsgump, yes, Pass F5; I thought everybody would know :D
Of course my "review" is only valid in my environment, but it may give some kind of compass. Maybe with very efficient speakers (+96db) it will be different, but I am sure that the TPA will not be a disappointment, when there is no crappy source or speaker involved.