Tpa3116 pop/thump when power on/off

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nope, i'd choosen 2x EEHZA1V271P for the next board.

attachment.php

They will literally last forever.

The OS_CON SVPK do less ripple current at nearly the same price. From the measurements, bulk capacitor brand/type/capacitance isn't a show stopper if they're somewhat low ESR with 100uF per side. No need to spend extra dollars here. :D

The choosen EEHZA1V271P is just the best i can actually get for a reasonable price. No snakeoil whatsoever. The leak current also is much lower than for organic caps.

I.e. The 35SVPK330M 330uF 35V leaks 2.3mA after 2 minutes, while the EEHZA1V271P does only 0.01*CV = 0.01 * 270uF * 35V = 0.095mA. That's a huge difference when running from battery.

Oh ok,
Do you know how much more current it will draw?
It wouldn't be that dramatic will it? I've got leds & a led controller plus Bluetooth receiver, so I guess I'm not too worried about battery life. Quality over quantity (hours) ;)
As long as I get a couple hours I'm happy :)

Interesting, I was at cat378 for simple 2way home speaker crossing lowish, could look at PA alternatives.
Sure board is good and you can more easily fix things than on YJ. But start by listening and ignoring the crack or just use a switch. I don't know crossover, tweet will be around 12 ohm I guess for outputfilter frequency normally, if it needs improvement you can change Sure components in output or add a zobel.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.