• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

TPA - USB Transport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny you should ask. very well actually.

Yesterday I was hacking up a prototype based on some stuff XMOS sent me to play with. I am able to get it working, but It still needs some attention.

I am going to be focusing on that module very hard over the next few weeks.

Cheers!
Russ

You writing your own drivers? I looked at that while ago with the XMOS, but figured it would swallow a big chunk of my life, so bought a Hiface instead!

You writing your own drivers? I looked at that while ago with the XMOS, but figured it would swallow a big chunk of my life, so bought a Hiface instead!

No, not writing my own. Using the stock drivers on my macbook pro right now.

I have also used the driver XMOS provides for windows. Both work just fine.

To get higher than 192khz via USB audio I will likely need to do some customization of the driver.

For now I have played signals up to 384khz directly from USB storage. But, I have not perfected this yet.

My hope is to be able to make the board work both as a host controller with USB storage and as a USB audio device. We shall see...

No, not writing my own. Using the stock drivers on my macbook pro right now.

I have also used the driver XMOS provides for windows. Both work just fine.

To get higher than 192khz via USB audio I will likely need to do some customization of the driver.

For now I have played signals up to 384khz directly from USB storage. But, I have not perfected this yet.

My hope is to be able to make the board work both as a host controller with USB storage and as a USB audio device. We shall see...

I guess the USB/SPDIF(I2S?) board might be even a bigger success than the Buffalo II, so you'd better be prepared for that, I hope I won't need to stay awake all night again. ;)

Please Russ, show it the kids...

How could we combine this board with more traditional inputs like the Mux?
Should an Otto be used to switch between a Mux and the USB input? If so, can we expect the AC2 in the same timeframe to provide an easy switching capability? Or will a new module provide I2S passthrough/multiple SPDIF ports?

The OTTO will work, and there is something else I am working on too, but it is too early to talk about it.
Ok, I was thinking about getting something like an Arduino/AC2 to connect a display, set the Mux & Otto to the right settings using fi. a five position switch and control volume with a rotary control and/or IR input. And perhaps even create a 12V trigger for my amp.
That would really finish my DAC :)

Status
Not open for further replies.