Topping D90 help

I made a rough sketch of the output stage schematic. Maybe I could dig that up if needed. In the meantime the pic you linked to has been marked up a bit and attached below.
Colored boxes indicate the following:
Red: Vref pre-regulators
Yellow: +-11v opamp rail regulators
Orange: I/V opamps
Green: XLR output and differential summing opamps
Blue: RCA output opamp differential summed from XLR outputs
Black: Analog switches used for muting

Also a pic of one of the 4 secondary Vref regulators, each of which is located near one of the 4 big electrolytic caps near the AK4499 chip.

Just found another pic that somebody marked up.

EDIT: Added mute switch data sheet.

Attachments

• D90-MarkedUp2.jpg
    D90-MarkedUp2.jpg
    1,003.4 KB · Views: 121
  • VrefSecondaryReg.jpg
    VrefSecondaryReg.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 125
  • ToppingD90 PCB close up.jpg
    ToppingD90 PCB close up.jpg
    457.3 KB · Views: 119
  • SGM3710 Data Sheet (Topping D90 Mute Analog Switch).pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 186
Last edited:
I opened it. Some pics in #21 above. Mine looks the same as those except no MQA and I have some hi-res pics of the one here. No super long hex drive that I recall. Was recently looking for the output stage sketch, but hasn't turned up yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I opened it. Some pics in #21 above. Mine looks the same as those except no MQA and I have some hi-res pics of the one here. No super long hex drive that I recall. Was recently looking for the output stage sketch, but hasn't turned up yet.
Thanks. I ordered a set yesterday. Hopefully they'll fit. Mine has a short in the DAC VREF circuit. I'm waiting on the thermal cam to locate it.

The first image in #21 shows the opamp regulators outlined in yellow color. Voltage is +-11v, probably so as not to overvoltage analog switches using for muting the audio outputs. Not sure what evidence is being seen to suggest I/V and output opamps are powered differently?

The regulator's output is done with two separate ferrite beads for each rail. I have unsoldered them and checked for connections. One of the ferrite beads goes to the circuit around the AKM only. At the same time, the other one goes to the output buffer section.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user