"Tired2way" speaker building.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mids are a little too much sometimes on that Nora Jones CD I mentioned before but better after I moved the speakers to the other room direction.

Regardless of how a speaker sounds on pink noise and flat, the engineer that recorded each cd has an EQ curve that throws out the notion of 'flat' on any given sound system. EQ has to be in the chain to undo these personal taste alterations.

Yes it must be, it really sounds better, and these panels are only 2 inch thick which wont kill that 100-200 Hz cancelation very effective, but other reflections it seem to dampen since I can hear the difference. Better soundstage and depth and detail. I will measure it one evening to see if it also can be measured and just not heard.

:D well I do not like Ikea that much, the one I have is nicer I think but it is not very thick I give you that. I do not know what is going on but it sounds good. I will be back with measurings but not tonight. And since it is not practical with panels on the floor I can use them only when listening.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Ah the one with the shots with the musicians that she has eyeglasses on sitting at the piano with a mic in front of her.
We used both about 20days ago while making and evaluating the Simplistic phono stage revision at a friend's. The other one is better balanced indeed.

Attachments

• Picture 045.jpg
    Picture 045.jpg
    450.2 KB · Views: 208
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.