Threadjacking

This is not nonsense. It could be turned into a tool. When we make a new post, we could be asked "have you read the Threadjacking thread?" and be directed to it anyway. Newcomers can then learn the craft of threadjacking. If the post jacks this thread, it could be posted in the relevant thread.

By the time the poster has read the thread, he/she would have forgotten what he/she was going to post, unless it was really important, and firm in his/her mind.

Sorry to stay on topic so long. Does anyone have a tone control knob for a 1956 model Astor mantle radio? Mine sounds a bit dull. Just thought a shiny new knob might brighten it up a bit. Tried the bottles in the dishwasher, didn't help. Fun working out what went where without the numbers.

I am trying to catch up on this thread, reading from the start. KBKs teachings, for want of a better word are causing me mental overload.

Before I collapse, I send a link to myself, where I'm up to. I am up to about page 53. I have to re-read a lot, to fully comprehend some issues.

What I'm trying to find out is if Cal ever found a cure for his foot. Someone mentioned it was contagious. I wanna kick my shoes off.

I have a 7 y/o logitec webcam. I'll trade that for a shiny new knob, or mercury. I used to have some of that, and I miss it.

I am up to post #731. Still no outcome about the foot. But there is a side benefit. This thread is a danger to your /mine anyhow, smoking habit. Only 4 in about 8 hours. There was that diversion with the conveyer belt on the runway thing.

Silly people. Those belts don't go fast enough.

I remember you growing a foot. That could be an advantage to you, ears now at horn level, well for a while at least.

That doesn't mean the itch has gone.

It's just come back to me. IIRC, part of the reason for you building the Calhoun, was to cure an itch.

I think we all owe you a collective apology. This discussion has got you all confused, with horns behind drivers, and on the floor. Your A7s have shrunk, inverted and gone back to front. And they have little pockets in the back, or is that the front now, to conceal your medication.

Sorry about the anti-jack, better get back off topic. I see you like our Fosters - nectar from the fosterberry tree.
How's the other foot?

Geoff H said:
the fosterberry tree.

Well I'll be. I thought we invented that about 20 years ago. Not kidding. Back when I was on a framing crew, it was my job to get the end of day beer. One time I snuck in the back of the property, loaded an apple tree with cans and came up to the house with a story of a new type of tree. At first they didn't understand what the heck a fosterberry tree was. Didn't take long.

It's great to know that others have enjoyed such flora. Is it a common term down under? Too bad they stopped selling Fosters here. It used to be brewed by one of our big breweries under license

And yes Geoff, I think I'll always have an itch. Gives me an excuse to make good use of the medication.

"Is it a common term down under? "

No not really. A fellow countryman of yours on the AMC forum (motor cars, not monitors) thought us Ausies had two things to be proud of, the Chrysler Valiant, and Fosters.

Apparently, according to him, the amber liquid is best from the Carlton Brewery in Melbourne. It's to do with the water. No scientific data to back up the claim of course. Purely subjective, and generally accepted.

And I have to agree, Victorian beer is better than what we produce in New South Wales. And as for Queensland, it's that bad, it's called XXXX, pronounced "four-ex"

I don't know if that is because the head brewer couldn't spell, or if the censorship board got hold of the plates for printing the labels.

While we are describing the states, I may as well go on. South Australia doesn't produce beer worthy of the name. They don't need to. Our best red wine comes from S.A. The whites aren't bad either. Western Australia is known for Swan Lager. But I would buy a Chardonay wine instead.

Northern Territory is known for it's big drinkers. I forget the name of it, but is available in magnum sized bottles. In the outback, they crack one for breakfast, 1/3 goes over the corn flakes, and rest washes down the tea leaves from the billy tea.

Ah, Tasmania, the home of our finest apple cider. Back in 1972, I used 2 bottles of that delightful fluid to drown my sorrows after the local constable in a little town on the west coast read me the riot act. See, I took a fancy to a charming young lady soon after arriving in the town for a few days on a tour.

There was no way he was letting a motorcyclist from the mainland stand on the same side of the street as his daughter, let alone give her a kiss on New Years Eve.

BTW, the cider didn't work. I still remember the long dark hair encircling her cute face, and falling over her shoulders and tight fitting cable knitted jumper.

Sorry, I got sidetracked. I wonder if the latest technology in DNA and cloning would help to reproduce that tree. Canada would then have something else to export to the US. You could call it BC Juice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Columbia

Geoff H said:
It's to do with the water. No scientific data to back up the claim of course. Purely subjective, and generally accepted.

And rightly so. The water is as important as any other ingredient.

Northern Territory is known for it's big drinkers. I forget the name of it, but is available in magnum sized bottles. In the outback, they crack one for breakfast, 1/3 goes over the corn flakes, and rest washes down the tea leaves from the billy tea.[/B]

Well, being from the north, I can understand this. Around here though, 1/3 goes on the corn flakes and the rest goes out into the sasquatch dish on the porch to stop them from coming in the house. Mind you, the bears usually do a good job of that . Sasquatch are rather skiddish.

I wonder if the latest technology in DNA and cloning would help to reproduce that tree. [/B]

We do see a lot of cloning going on here but it's usually associated with a different sort of horticulture.

You could call it BC Juice.[/B]

Bud is the word we use. I notice it even made it into the wikipedia link you provided. Good show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Columbia [/B][/QUOTE]

Geoff H said:
.....South Australia doesn't produce beer worthy of the name....

Unfortunately I have to agree, great wines but the beer ...:smash:

Geoff H said:
Northern Territory is known for it's big drinkers. I forget the name of it, but is available in magnum sized bottles....

Called a Darwin stubbie. Regular stubbies are 375mL, this one is 2 Litres ....:D :xeye: :drink: