Things We Hate

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I HATE being laid up for an unknown amount of time with no speaker bitz and no ability to earn an income to aquire any, (demolished my right knee @ football Saturday).:soapbox: This will be my new pet hate until further notice.:(

Glad to have got my last project to the 'listen and tweak' stage!:p

I hate when you are finishing an audio project and then you realize that it would be already finished if you were not so greedy to buy just one more spare resistor.

I hate when you are enclosuring an audio project and then you realize the the last wire lacks 2mm to reach the pad. You will never lack 5cm or so. You will ALWAYS need 1 or 2 more milimmeters.

I have when that tiny wire breaks from the solder pad because of too much stressing it when you are finishing enclosuring an amp. See above.

I hate rebel solder that flows out of its proper place.

I hate when you are drilling that brand new expen$ive enclosure with its pricey heatsinks, and when you are finishing the last hole suddenly the driller came back to his own life and make an ugly scratch in than new shiny front plate.

To realize that after you have finished your amp, you forgot to drill a LED hole, and you have to dismantle it all to make that damn hole.

I hate not being allowed by the neighbors to listen high volume music but then you have to be polite and respect the all-night celebration of winning the Mundial World cup. "You are sooo boring, why are not you happy? WE ARE WINNERS!!"

Every time you phone your mother and she unavoidable asks you "what have you had for lunch/dinner?"

When you have had sex with a chick and, for any unknown reason, you have to stay there for a while without nothing to say. Sometimes it even extends to hours. I would get back home to DIY something.

When you are at work and have some kind of technical disagreement with your superior. You are sure that he is wrong, he thinks he is right. After searching the Net and some technicals books, both realize that you were right, but somehow he manages to turnaround the situation and make seem that he was right from the beginning. Of course, when 5 seconds have passed by after that, no further disagreement is allowed.

Regards,
Regi

Last edited:
Small, British manufacturer...

images

I hate that the state of the economy means I won't be financially able to own a car for another few years.

I hate flathead screws.
I don't know in english what kind of screw are them. Google cannot explain it :(

I REALLY hate when you are attaching 8 MOSFETS TO-247 to a heatsink, tapping the holes, and you break either the tap or the hole when making the last one.

I hate too when while drilling your brand new 10mm case front plate suddenly you realize that you make a the hole 1 or 2mm bigger than the requiered purpose. You cannot use it, neither make it disappear :(

I don't know in english what kind of screw are them. Google cannot explain it :(

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

They're useless. The screw driver rarely fits as well as with a posidrive (+ shaped) or Torx (* shaped), so they often get chewed up. Under such circumstances, I fetch a hack saw and make a new slot :D

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

They're useless. The screw driver rarely fits as well as with a posidrive (+ shaped) or Torx (* shaped), so they often get chewed up. Under such circumstances, I fetch a hack saw and make a new slot :D

Those are slotted-head screws (as well as being flat-head screws). Flat-head screws are available with a variety of drives, including Posidrive or Torx.

John

Those are slotted-head screws (as well as being flat-head screws).

Exactly. I think Peckerwood was probably referring to slot rather than flathead. From the days when the slot was cut rather than drop forged. And the only one that works with a dime in a pinch.

Flat-head screws are available with a variety of drives, including Posidrive or Torx.

Lest we forget the Robertson screw. The square head that was invented before the Phillips head, by a Canadian I might add, and not adopted by much of the world because there were no clutch drives back then and they needed a "releasing" type head, so goes history. Far and away the #1 screw head here in Canada. Locks on to the bit without the need for a magnetic tip. Like a Torx, only stronger, less stripping. Same with the Allen head.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.