• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The Wolverine 2nd Group buy

Wolverine boards

• 1 pairs of IPS + EF3-3

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • 2 pairs of IPS + EF3-3

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • 3 pairs of IPS + EF3-3

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • 1 pairs of IPS + EF3-4

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • 2 pairs of IPS + EF3-4

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • 3 pairs of IPS + EF3-4

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • In Green

Votes: 13 14.6%
  • In Blue

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • In Matt Black

Votes: 34 38.2%

• Total voters
Hi Stuart,
I already received my boards, very nice looks Professional. I have a question, I have a CRC power supply Can i use this power supply to power these board? if not what is the recommended Power Supply. is the 2x 10,000uf is enough for the rail?
Thanks,
odie
WolverinePCB.jpeg

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Hi @odie1427 I'm glad that your boards arrived ok and your happy with them.

The use of CRC power supplies was discussed in detail in the build thread. Please search in there for the answers. But basically you can still use the CRC supply just remove the CRC filter or change you resistors to a very low value. Just watch the power dissipation.
There is a schematic in the Dropbox folder showing a power supply schematic.

Its best to ask your build related questions in the build thread so others can benefit from the answers.

Last edited:
Joined 2016
Paid Member
Hi, Guy's there are still a few second group buy boards available if anyone is interested in starting the fully tested and refined Wolverine project. Pm me, @jjs or @fireanimal if you like to order some complete with detailed Schematic, comprehensive BOM including mouser part numbers for 49v, 57v, 64v & 70v rails. Then you can put it all together with the 71 page illustrated color build guide

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Also, since I'm new to amplifiers, how egregious of a sin is it to use 48V MEAN WELL EPP switching PSUs to power three of these in an active 3 way speaker? And how overkill are these amplifiers for this use case?
telluric, I cannot speak to the power supplies and I'm a nubie myself, but I will say this. These boards are physically large and are capable of making monster power. I would not wish to dissuade you but yes, I think it a bit overkill. I am building four channels to drive large planars actively crossed in a horizontal configuration. It was a hard decision not to go class D, specifically Hypex plate amps, but I went class AB per the speaker manufacturers recommendation. The plate amps to my mind are an elegant solution for an active dynamic speaker. I hope the more experienced and knowledgeable folks here will chime in. I have found the members of this forum very generous and helpful. It seems to me that your basic intent is to build loudspeakers. I would start with the guys over in multi way loudspeakers. Once you have your speakers figured out you will know much more about the power you need. There is no sin in audio. It can though devolve into pure hedonism. Best of luck in your pursuits.