• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The Wire LPUHP 16W Power Amp parts GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The eBay transformer arrived today and, as expected, it extends over both sides by roughly 3/8" and interferes with the closer two filter caps but the heatsinks might be OK. I looked at the BOM pricing, did a little poking on DigiKey, used my loss leader price for buffers and came in a little under US$150 each using that transformer. The quantity discounts should allow you guys to cut the electrolytic price nearly in half so the gb should be pretty successful IMO.

At that price I will likely build sooner than later but there are entirely too many unfinished projects around here presently to start another at this time.

@hochopeper Thanks for rescuing Wolfsin from his recursive descent into confusion :crackup:

Wolfsin, that is one of the beautiful aspects of this project, psu+amp on one tiny board means it'll take up so little space on the work bench there is no reason not to start :D :rolleyes: :spin:

Included latest additions to the spreadsheet. Keratherm count is now based on number of heatsinks ordered. This gives wrong result for Ed and randytsuch because they're getting keratherm but not heatsinks. I'll modify for a workaround for this (cascading sumifs()) before I update next, not urgent at this stage, basically 4 more ch worth of Keratherm is heading to North America.

It's worth reminding everyone that qusp has said a few times now that the prices for passive components will likely only be calculated again when the order is ready to go in. If you are thinking about waiting to see final pricing, don't sit on the fence, if you're not in when they're calculated next, you'll very likely miss out.

Attachments

• LPUHP Modular GB.pdf
    69.8 KB · Views: 47
I am adding my interest for the passive components

Australasia

qusp
hochopeper
HYPERTUNE
jacobthellamer

Asia
?

USA/Canada
opc
bcg27
Ed LaFontaine
Wolfsin
Wirewiggler
randytsuch
neb001

Europe
maravedis

Digikey GB (passives and/or actives)

qusp 2 pas + 2 act
hochopeper 2 pas + 2 act
HYPERTUNE 2 pas + 2 act
bcg27 2 pas + 2 act
jacobthellamer 2 pas + 2 act
maravedis 4 pas + 4 act
randytsuch 2 pas + 2 act
1543 2 pas + 2 act
neb001 2 pas + 2 act
Ed LaFontaine 2 pas

Included latest additions to the spreadsheet. Keratherm count is now based on number of heatsinks ordered. This gives wrong result for Ed and randytsuch because they're getting keratherm but not heatsinks. I'll modify for a workaround for this (cascading sumifs()) before I update next, not urgent at this stage, basically 4 more ch worth of Keratherm is heading to North America.

If it's not too late, I would like to get a pair of heatsinks, to match the Keratherm.
If it is, I'll figure something else out.

Randy

If it's not too late I'd wish to add myself to this GB:

2 PCB
2 heatsinks + Keratherm
2 sumR

Australasia
qusp
hochopeper
HYPERTUNE
jacobthellamer

Asia
?

USA/Canada
opc
bcg27
Ed LaFontaine
Wolfsin
Wirewiggler
randytsuch
neb001
kong

Europe
maravedis

Digikey GB (passives and/or actives)

qusp 2 pas + 2 act
hochopeper 2 pas + 2 act
HYPERTUNE 2 pas + 2 act
bcg27 2 pas + 2 act
jacobthellamer 2 pas + 2 act
maravedis 4 pas + 4 act
randytsuch 2 pas + 2 act
1543 2 pas + 2 act
neb001 2 pas + 2 act
Ed LaFontaine 2 pas
konga 2 pas + 2 act

Regal/Randy, there will be a post from whoever is organising each module of the GB when something becomes too late. This will likely be HYPERTUNE for the heatsinks and qusp for mostly everything else, my only goal in posting those spreadsheets is to help qusp with the organisation and hopefully lighten their workload a little.

konga, the design is by opc and the pcb are all taken. There is a list in first post of who has pcb. This is a GB for parts for those who've got pcb already.

Wolfsin out of it!

Sorry to do this guyz but much as I like the idea of Hypertuned heatsinks, I really don't need them. I pulled out the NOS black annodized sinks and found that by removing one part they will allow the little amp to reside in normal state of repose. That means Wolfsin will be OUT of the gb.

Ok well it looks like we have about all we will get for the digikey GB the passives work out to almost exactly 30USD per channel without any kind of shipping or packing added; for the bog standard BOM, not bad at all!!. That doesnt include the BOM heatsink or transformer, but does (even though its an active) include the regulators.

Since all of the Aussies are up for the sumR trannie, i'm going to ask that you guys in the states who dont want the sumR unit look after yourselves, as it would really complicate things and would increase return shipping to you anyway.

also those who would like to get the linear tech LT1085/1033 let me know asap, this will be an addition so as not to complicate matters and its only about 1.20 per channel for the stock lm317/337. i'll get them from parts connection and ship with the other orders if anyone else would like them, but let me know soon, as i'll be making the order straight after the weekend

Last edited:
really? i mean no problem, but the passives particularly present a pretty big saving. below is price per item, not multiples but its compared to the correct price that would be given if you were making an order by yourself ie. if there is 10 x a part in the bom, i copied the price each at >10 below

1.89 vs 1.1205
0.943 vs 0.60208
0.39 vs 0.07532
0.71 vs 0.55080
0.71 vs 0.55320
0.52 vs 0.24780
0.52 vs 0.24780
1.63 vs 1.20900
0.46 vs 0.22000
0.72 vs 0.43200
1.07 vs 1.02000
0.644 vs 0.51520
0.52 vs 0.20470
0.52 vs 0.24780

I wont be doing the actives but i'm sure among the USA group youde get a reasonable saving, not as good as the passives though.

will do re Richard, never had any problems this end except for the expense, but that seems par for the course for Canada Post

Ok well it looks like we have about all we will get for the digikey GB the passives work out to almost exactly 30USD per channel without any kind of shipping or packing added; for the bog standard BOM, not bad at all!!. That doesnt include the BOM heatsink or transformer, but does (even though its an active) include the regulators.

Since all of the Aussies are up for the sumR trannie, i'm going to ask that you guys in the states who dont want the sumR unit look after yourselves, as it would really complicate things and would increase return shipping to you anyway.

also those who would like to get the linear tech LT1085/1033 let me know asap, this will be an addition so as not to complicate matters and its only about 1.20 per channel for the stock lm317/337. i'll get them from parts connection and ship with the other orders if anyone else would like them, but let me know soon, as i'll be making the order straight after the weekend

All sounds good to me.

I won't worry about the LT1085/1033 regs though.

Bolded the important parts in the quote.

I've updated and attached the summary spreadsheet, would it be better if I updated to remove those who have expressed interest in passive parts from North America where they're also not interested in SumR tx so its easier to see a final count?

Attachments

• LPUHP Modular GB.pdf
    69.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
hey i think you misread my post, i mean look after themselves for their transformer as its not included in the passive GB and actives will be bought on a regional basis, so maybe those who want it from the US could include it in the actives GB for the States.

the passives are easy to ship around and not too pricey to buy; but i'm not going to cover for everyone, so i'd like to call for payments for the passives in the next day or 2. i'll post up an exact price that takes a little for packing into account, extra snaplock bags, padded envelopes etc

Ah ok, I see what you meant now. In that case spreadsheet above should be correct.

I may have misread the 2nd bolded part too now I think about it, you're talking about the order for lt1085/1033, not the whole passive order, thought you were being a bit optimistic!

I'll transfer money for passives when you're ready.

hey guys, just thought i should bring this up now since i havent since the first [age and nobody has mentioned it.

how about we discuss some of the extras

if people would like me to look into a smallish bulk buy of the ETI (Eichmann) cablepod binding posts, i'm oem, i cant pass the full saving on, its against my agreement, but i can probably arrange a good price, better than you might imagine. these are the best binding posts i know of, i believe better than the carbon fibre furutech bling. also 16awg SPC in PTFE from Apex Jr, or something nicer from Oyaide or Neotech if we can get the numbers up, any of the other extras i mentioned on the front page. its time we started to heat this thing up.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.