Attachments

• IMG_20210712_174501_768_Real_Norway.jpg
    IMG_20210712_174501_768_Real_Norway.jpg
    952.1 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
112 degrees. (Fahrenheit of course; 44c.) Mid-afternoon, coast of Maine, USA.

Yes, that's in DIRECT sun. But I was working in that direct sun. I'm toasted.

75F/24C at the airport, but that thermometer is in deep shade.

Attachments

• 112deg-42.gif
    112deg-42.gif
    79.3 KB · Views: 152

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Real temps here, MID-afternoon, were probably 83 to 78. Going by the school, the bank, the water park. Each has its own errors. Tomorrow is predicted 76. 3 deg cooler than your part of the coast?

The 112 is because the front thermometer here lives in a bottle on the porch wall. Otherwise snow, rain, and mist obscure the readout. It's a little solar-trap but it only gets sun a couple hours in the afternoon. That photo was just about the peak.

Real temps here, MID-afternoon, were probably 83 to 78. Going by the school, the bank, the water park. Each has its own errors. Tomorrow is predicted 76. 3 deg cooler than your part of the coast?

The 112 is because the front thermometer here lives in a bottle on the porch wall. Otherwise snow, rain, and mist obscure the readout. It's a little solar-trap but it only gets sun a couple hours in the afternoon. That photo was just about the peak.

That's about right, almost 80 here today, similar yesterday, but we were inland for most of today at my sister's lake cabin, and it was just about a perfect day. Father's 95th birthday too! We even got him out for a power boat ride.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
And the flashfloods started again after heavy rainfall this evening in Belgium, this is footage of Dinant, the hometown of Adolf Sax, the inventor of the saxophone half an hour ago in this (flemish) newspaper article:

https://www.hln.be/dossier-extreem-...nshy-sleurd-door-stroming-in-dinant~aad7f4c4/

Apparently last time about 50,000 cars were taken by the floods, most ended up in forests and fields. Many have to be removed by helicopter as there are no other ways to get them out. Costly.

Jan

Apparently last time about 50,000 cars were taken by the floods, most ended up in forests and fields. Many have to be removed by helicopter as there are no other ways to get them out.

Gonna look like a bunch of my beloved rural US.

Saying this, abandoned cars and trucks, largely undisturbed for decades, become quite the item for restoration. Hemmings Motor News used to have a picture in each monthly edition of a valuable fossil!

Anyone need a VW "Vanagon"?

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Gonna look like a bunch of my beloved rural US.

Saying this, abandoned cars and trucks, largely undisturbed for decades, become quite the item for restoration. Hemmings Motor News used to have a picture in each monthly edition of a valuable fossil!

Anyone need a VW "Vanagon"?

I doubt that these are fit for restoration though, them being crushed, squashed and molested. Often the mark/type cannot be recognized.

Jan