The speed of light is NOT constant

Status
Not open for further replies.
One side is always shadowed! Take a look at their cooling system designs. If you are too lazy to bother looking it up, I will be too lazy to tell you how it worked.

Radiative cooling ( remember , no convection) efficency is extremely low
compared to the received energy , what is received by 1m2 mandate
a way bigger than 1m2 (shadowed , of course... ) radiator..

Besides , the Astronauts had no shadowing , even accounting
for the reflective cloathing , the exposed part is permanently
0.5m2 , heated by at least 1kW , and no convection , no (huge
shadowed) radiator....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan–Boltzmann_law

Edit ; energy is about 1.5KW/M2 , not that high but still too much
for objects wich are reduced to black corpse radiation as only
mean to evacuate heat...

Last edited:

One piece of stated evidence of it being fake is the US flag flapping in the breeze . I can clearly remember James Burke on British TV before they got there saying the flag had a little motor to make it flap as a limp lifeless flag would be inappropriate for a moment of triumph . See what trouble it caused . This was some time before the landings .

One thing hard to explain is why the Moonscapes look very similar on different missions ( same hills ) . If the Russians did keep quiet , why ? The only evidence I have that any of it is real is putting up my first satellite dish .

There are said to be some mirrors which are used to measure the distance to the moon left by Apollo . The moon is drifting out by 2 cm a year if I remember correctly / These can be seen by telescope . Patrick Moore on UK TV says so , I beleive Patrick .

Some also say the lunar module take off is obviously filmed by a cameraman . It certainly is well synchronized . Personally I find the idea of a lunar lander impossible to understand . How can one predict how it would work without a full real conditions trial ? Remember also computer analysis was primitive then .

To be clear I don't doubt they went . I just doubt all that I see . However when I see a vacuum tube make music I can hardy beleive that also . A transistor I am more comfortable with .

This is a bit like listening tests. Is it just imagination and wanting it to be so ? The alternative is to be told by someone else what's good and what's real .

There are said to be some mirrors which are used to measure the distance to the moon left by Apollo . The moon is drifting out by 2 cm a year if I remember correctly / These can be seen by telescope .

I saw the reflection of a laser beam on these mirrors.
Discovery Channel ...:)

Once in life did the calculations, it was a nightmare, homework, ha ...:rolleyes:

Personally I find the idea of a lunar lander impossible to understand . How can one predict how it would work without a full real conditions trial ? Remember also computer analysis was primitive then .

Newtonian Mechanics, paper and pencil is enough, if you want more precision, a primitive computer is well.:D

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
There are said to be some mirrors which are used to measure the distance to the moon left by Apollo . The moon is drifting out by 2 cm a year if I remember correctly / These can be seen by telescope.

A good few years ago I was doing an event at the Royal Observatory down in Eastbourne, and wandering back to our digs one night we passed a site firing a huge green laser beam into the sky. The next night it happened again, and we got chatting to an astronomer on his way to work. He showed us around, and told us that they used the laser to track things in orbit. That night they were observing the moon, and we had a chance to look through the spotting scope to see a very bright refection on the moon.

Now who put it there I can't confirm, but there is a mirror on the moon. ;)

My favorite piece of planet stuff is about Venus . I heard that at 17 000 metres up the atmospheric pressure is 1 bar and the temperature 20 C . A great place for aliens to hide if making a film . The space craft required is not much different to a balloon . I think the surface is at 97 bar and 450 C ? Strikes me some good cheap science could be done with that balloon? The skills of the chemical industry required to help with corrosion .

Galileo was mostly called to account because his telescope proved Aristotle's perfect spheres idea to be nonsense . How the Vatican mixed that up with other stuff I will never know . The argument was that the scaring of the Moon surface was due to the corruption of Earth corroding the surface . Galileo saw mountains and said nonsense .

My feeling is we should with a moderately powerful home telescopes be able to see some of the Moon stuff .

One of my teachers always ended something by saying " of course I never met the man " . You know what you know firsthand , everything else is by trust . Apparently I said CD's are great to listen to whilst vacuum cleaning ( David Price Hi FI World ) . I can never remember me saying it . It is better than anything I ever did say .

Last edited:
With no thermal conduction it doesnt take long for the first layer
to be either red hot if it s metal or liquid plastic for synthetic matters..

Remember , 5kW/m2......

You have to consider the physic of the problem. If you stand behind a mirror, you don't roast. A 99% reflector reduces that number to 50 watts per meter trivially (or 15 watts using the changed solar flux number). Don't get hung up on the total influx impinging on a black body.

Multilayer insulation is comprised of two elements..a very thin, say 1 mil, layer of mylar or other suitable film, which has been coated with a reflective layer, either gold or aluminum. Designed to reflect IR. This is interleaved with a very thin paper like gauzy layer designed to break up the conduction of heat. This insulation is generally in use at 150 or 200 layers at a time, so is extremely effective.

Used in a vacuum, this completes the heat transfer trifecta. Conduction is broken, convection in a vacuum doesn't exist, and radiation is blocked by reflection.

In a 10 meter long magnet 1 meter diameter, the insulated surface area is about 30 square meters. From 4.5 Kelvin to room, the heatflow into the liquid helium circuit is less than .5 watts for a temperature differential in excess of 450 degrees F. edit: this is important when using liquid helium because it takes 1 kilowatt of electrical energy to remove 1 watt of heat from 4.5 kelvin. It takes double that to remove it from superfluid helium at 1.8K.

So, the influx number has no bearing.

jn

Last edited:
In a 10 meter long magnet 1 meter diameter, the insulated surface area is about 30 square meters. jn

Cool, ever had any magnet accidents? In class Herman Haus used to enjoy sending metal disks to (and sometimes through) the ceiling with a huge electromagnet. He invited me to put my hand over it to see if I felt anything, and I not he noticed I was wearing a ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.