Joined 2001
Paid Member
Yes, here's one from 1992.

:cool:

Attachments

• Pass Labs 1992 33.jpg
    Pass Labs 1992 33.jpg
    505.2 KB · Views: 261
I've got a green, too, but... blah blah blah!

My Grandad got secret plans for the first Klipschorn, hand drawn on pieces of graph paper, and he and my Dad built one in 1946. The horn on top was a Westinghouse right-angle PA horn with electromagnet. In the late 1950's he decided stereo was not just a fad, but didn't want to build another Klipsch, so he had a big boombox made, and on top of it put a green horn with the Altec driver. The two 15" woofers were Jensens with alnico magnets, pretty small magnets compared to the Altec woofers.

I still have the drivers out in the shed, but I ditched the cabinets 5 years ago when I moved 2000 miles across the USA. I think I still have the pieces of graph paper, too.

I remember this pair of speakers as being very dynamic and "big/easy" sounding, but also kind of boxy, and not much deep bass. A teacher of mine had a pair of the home-version VoT in the late '60s, and I remember them as sounding very similar. (I assume the home version had xover for smooth frequency response while sound reinforcement had xover for smooth power response...)

I saw the A7 available, in fact there is a new reissue of them.
I like my music to sound realistic, I guess with the A7's you can bring the old theatre sound into your listening room and especially with an old tube amplifier.

On quieter occasions, I prefer 2-way bookshelf speakers with silk dome tweeters.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I saw the A7 available, in fact there is a new reissue of them.
I like my music to sound realistic, I guess with the A7's you can bring the old theatre sound into your listening room and especially with an old tube amplifier.

On quieter occasions, I prefer 2-way bookshelf speakers with silk dome tweeters.

A7 is perfect stand for mini monitors ;)