The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Odd how they do not learn their lessons.

If they was smart, their next operating system would be a version of Linux.

I agree, they do, but I hate the way they 'lock them up' to only work with their software.

I'm ok on windows... Never messed with linux.

I agree about the locking... And more.
I get paid to be told what to do, not pay to be told what I can and can't do with what I paid for.

But.... If you are the basic computer user, mac might be ok.
Log on and go...

My freinds big thing is it turns on and off faster than a pc.?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but dosent mac just go into standby? Not realy turn off?

Time to go back to serious things ...
La Vegas moustache contest ...

4745918.jpg

Just wondering if ZM was there ..

Manu

Last edited:
Persons. I am a driver not a mechanic so when things go wrong, I need to call in the heavies to show/teach/fix. With a Mac there's less of that I've noticed.

I tend to classify people and computers into the same group, its just that people are classified as computers that need a good bash on the head. And run Win 98. The ones who drink run Win 95, when they black out thats a BSOD.

In either case, all humans are 486SX's (with no math co-processor, unless you're especially gifted at maths, you probably run linux anyway so you're more efficient) and have 8MB of random access memory and about 1GB of storage memory.

And when people do maths they run that little TSR program that emulates a math co-processor and slows everything down, under DOS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CXviVA4mflI#t=8s

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
spent all day long curing oscillating channel on bloody Dynacord 4 x 400W mosfet amp

damn welder thing

to find a culprit :rofl:

didn't finished - will write later

whoa !

blue car ! :clown:

amp in question is a monster - DYNACORD PCA 2344

+/-94Vdc PSU , 4 channels , active xover , some sort of "processor" (even if that's word game for versatile xover blahblah)

400W per channel , each having 5 pairs of 2SJ/2SK Toshibas , so 40 pcs overall

3KW5 of xformers

after usual checkup for oscillation , one bloody channel is misbehaving - couldn't set Iq without going in heavy 150Vpp sine in MHz range on output

nothing suspicious , at least wwith measuring

whatever - cleaned (several times ) both sides of pcb with alcohol and brush , checked all traces with lens , reflowed all solder joints ;

nada

after that , replaced all caps on pcb , desolder each resistor , test it , put it back

swapped all semis to other ( functional channel )

still nada

original lag comp cap is 1p8 across 39K !

ook!

replaced it with two 1p2 in series and now everything is OK

I wanna now - whoTF is a guy who made that pcb ........

3 days of dull and boring swappin'-cleanin'-power on/power off work ........

Dumb ZM

:clown: