The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

naah

considering that :

- JBL's aren't Altec's (my first love) ,
-I already have one pair of RCA LC1A and one pair of Poor Man's RCA (Tannoy's K3808)..... so -I'm good

...... feel free to make same arrangements with Jacco

:devilr:

How about those Teslas and Parmeko twin cones (WITHOUT) the Lorenzo pretend tweeter bridge? IF they can be tamed they are brilliant.:cool::):)

<http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/75929-1950s-parmeko-co-axial-15-bbc-speakers.html>

One word - .............. in conservative Southern USA (there is a Church on every street corner). Me? I have been around the world and understand these things....:rolleyes:

I was raised in Mountrath in S.Ireland: in those days it had 22 shops and 23 pubs!.......that is a VERY conservative town in Ireland!;)

As you spent time in Suffolk - as did I - that is FAR too close to Holland!:D:D

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I was raised in Mountrath in S.Ireland: in those days it had 22 shops and 23 pubs!.......that is a VERY conservative town in Ireland!;)

As you spent time in Suffolk - as did I - that is FAR too close to Holland!:D:D

We spent a bit of time in Felisxtowe, which is right on the Channel and I learned how to swim in the North Sea with my chum Tricky Toll. From there you could almost see the Frenchies shooting brown eye salutes towards us.....:eek::eek::eek:
Felixstowe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
How about those Teslas and Parmeko twin cones (WITHOUT) the Lorenzo pretend tweeter bridge? IF they can be tamed they are brilliant.:cool::):)

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/75929-1950s-parmeko-co-axial-15-bbc-speakers.html

they're nice , indeed .

in any case , one need to hear those boobie RCA's , to became aware what's possible with that construction

major difference between RCA and all other coaxials is position of tweeter .
and , as illustration of linearity - there is just one 4uF cap as complete xover (nuttin' in front of bass)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
dunno to what I can thank that I'm always knowing right ppl ........... but even in case of my brand new (old) Tannoys - I received more than worthy tips ......
Aleksandar R. (RAAL himsef) gave me advice how to make proper xover for them , for home use

Original Tannoy xovers (all of them ) were made with one of primary goals to protect tiny compression driver's coil even in case of heavy power usage (monitor and PA duty)

for home use we can use much simpler xover , with increased sound verity, as result

boxes are another issue ; only biggest horn ones weren't too much of compromise , or even disaster

even if my own Guru used to say - "you can put Tannoy in garden bucket , it will sound good ; better bucket, better sound "

:rofl:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• gb.jpg
    gb.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 85
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Having once owned.....

B.

do you mind sayin' something about your present tool :clown: for listenin' da Muzak ?

from your stories , it seems you were always exposed to , well , gadgets on Frontier ........ so , I'm really puzzled

besides that , I think that taking few pictures and posting them on forum is good for heart ;)

hey , just crossed through back of my scull - sch of special Be's chip amps ?