The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Once saw a Garrard 301 mounted in gimbal rings in a sailing yacht - a really big boat - which was tied up to a quay outside Dublin....you could see it through a porthole. I thought that that was cool! This would have been back in the mid 1960s.

The boat belonged toJohn Bloom - who was the man who set up and owned the Rolls washing machine company which sold direct to the public, thus cutting out the middle-men He had a somewhat varied life!

John Bloom (businessman) - Wikipedia

Joined 2002
Paid Member
I do find listening to records a different experience. It is quite a bit more involved.
I only listen to records when I have time to sit and listen and never as background
music.

New records can be pretty pricey compared to their digital counterparts.

I recommend you look into a record cleaning regiment. This is especially important if
you have old records that may not ever been cleaned or if you start buying used
ones.

So I was watching an interview with Nelson on how he got started and got interrupted by lunch. Without paying much attention I hit pause and went off to consume some calories.

When I came back Papa was napping:

attachment.php

Attachments

• NelsonNapping.jpg
    NelsonNapping.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 251
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Dodos. If connecting two single ended devices and neither are earth grounded with a shielded twisted pair and I have an earth ground avaliable. Do I connect the shield to sending device audio ground together with black or shall I take shield to earth ground and only black to the non earth grounded audio ground? Its a quite messy surrounding, audio cables going next to 230 wall pipes

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Oh well. Just came up from a beer soaked pub cellar in South Sthlm where I watched the legendary Tav Falco. For you not familiar he is like a friend of the Gun Club, a true inspiration to The Cramps, Jon Spencer etc. A 5 feet Johnny Cash in the 60ies looking greaser with a slow motion nail sharp band almost Spoken Word performance in the Rockabilly signum. Think of that guy in the movie Blue Velvet doing Roy Orbison. To cool to die, to cool to live.