The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

That crew looks seriously overloaded. I don't like to insist, as I know what overload is. In that field I can only suggest hiring more people, and more automation for assembly/testing.

However, my time resources are running out (my previous employer from USA was intentionally delaying payments to prevent me from making any savings, for years, evil money usage practices). I need to know whether you need more time to study my offer or you are silently rejecting.

With Hypex you have to be patient - Answers to "business related" mails often take up to two weeks (in my experience). They are open minded, but of course have their own agenda. I had several very nice talks in the past with them, discussing topics from the prosound domain. In Prosound, RMS and PEAK Limiters as well as Dante/FIR/Powercon/Networkable/Remote are things buyers are more and more after, so I hope Hypex will look more into these topics in the future, since I really like the soundquality.

Of course, combinig Dante/external DSP with Hypex PSU and amp-modules always is a possibility for very large quantity buyers - but there is powersoft (good DSPs, PFC), Pascal (affordable all-in-one Amps with PSU and maaaany DSP designed to work directly with the Pascal Modules), Linear Research (very good DSPs and Sound quality), IcePower, the cinese, etc.... So not too many in the prosound field look into hypex stuff...

We used some PSC 2.400 in the past in some pro-sound cabs but had to remove them after some testing, becuase the PSU shut down when driven too hard. Some suggestions to implement at least a rudimentary limiting option (the DSP used easily could have handled it) sadly never were picked up, so the ProSound Community switched to other platforms - which was very sad because the PSC Series clearly had an aim into prosound from the design und would have been a very good plate amp for many prosoundspeakers at a good price. We´d buy a bunch of these if the DSP was opened...

I like your ideas about putting PSU/DSP/AMP more together, happy to here more on your talks with hypex.

anyone here knows if the AES thru and analogue thru outputs are accessible via the DSP?
I am thinking of phase shifting and time delaying that output to connect subwoofers to make some active bass-traps :)
but probably not :(

There is a diagram in the plateamp manual, and I believe it's a straight thru, daisy chain analogue signal to another plateamp. Likewise for digital daisy chain.

Last edited:
anyone here knows if the AES thru and analogue thru outputs are accessible via the DSP?
I am thinking of phase shifting and time delaying that output to connect subwoofers to make some active bass-traps :)
but probably not :(

The sub will need its own Plate.
In the Fusion world, the sub plate will be managed and get its own filters. I ordered an FA122 for that. The single channel ones are not 'mixable' digitally because they only have analogue in.

During the past 10 years I have been developing amplifier module technology, also post-filter self-oscillating, but aimed at intensive professional use, including:
- Accurate limiting, also channel power and PSU limiting.
- Thermal management.
- Voice coil protection based in dynamic resistance measurement.
- Accurate compensation of thermal compression.

The idea of these features comes from the experience cranking up (and fixing) systems for events and parties for years.

I have just offered Hypex to start a partnership.

btw: Hornresp is great!

There are some positions at Kii Audio in the R&D department, but I think you seeking ownership of IP which is understandable.

"What happens when a design resembles nature? Is there IP about nature?"

Block diagram / nice amplifier quiz attached. Preliminary (drawn from memory, actually).

Attachments

• block_diagram.png
    block_diagram.png
    83.3 KB · Views: 739
Last edited:
Reactance:

In your words I can read the lament of your land. Economy has 2 origins. Economy was invented simultaneously by 2 types of cultures. In matriarchal cultures the origin of economy is patriarchal, coins were made of precious metals representing an exact fixed value, prices were regulated by a centralized administration, interests in loans were forbidden. In patriarchal cultures the origin of economy is matriarchal, coins had symbolic value representing cult to fecundity and obsolescence, prices were subject to offer/demand law, loans had to pay interests. Some jerks tried to join both types of economy by force. Please don't blame me for that, I specialize in studying the problem, not in creating the problem. There is nothing worst than "gender induced money conflict", or "money induced gender conflict". I'm aware both types of economy can only be peacefully joined through strict and ingenious regulations, some type of operations shall be forbidden in some areas of market. On the other hand, I will release old designs as soon as new designs are successful.