The mother of all subwoofers build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I quite liked the roundedtriangler shaped one, with a driver on each face.

I know the two passives would not be strictly opposed like if placed on 2 sides of a cube.

but I would say.. close enough.

You could always have brace type legs. that angle out, one one each of the rounded sides. you could then add a weighted simularly shaped but doming area, with weight in. I rekon the whole thing, with its shape too, would be pretty solid.

I quite liked the roundedtriangler shaped one, with a driver on each face.

I know the two passives would not be strictly opposed like if placed on 2 sides of a cube.

but I would say.. close enough.

You could always have brace type legs. that angle out, one one each of the rounded sides. you could then add a weighted simularly shaped but doming area, with weight in. I rekon the whole thing, with its shape too, would be pretty solid.

I liked the six sides as well, but the size starts to get real big with 18" drivers. For simplicity I think I will stick with four sides. Easier to cut out of sheets.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.