The high octane phono preamp

On a quick look (I didn't look a its noise spec) it looks fine ;)

Quick update: I'm still working on the pms from October, 6 - so I still have to ask for a bit of patience from everybody else that contacted me after that day. At the moment 9 boards are gone (from 25).

Joined 2003
Paid Member
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
That's great interest! Let me help you: I just lowered the download price of the article down to € 0.99 - no excuse not to read the article anymore ;-)

I have been using this phono pre myself from when it was published and I am very pleased with it!

Edit: here's the link: http://linearaudio.net/article-detail/2159

Jan

Last edited:
If anybody is interested on getting the original Hitachi 2SC2547, you can try Amazon.com marketplace. There's one vendor (utsource) selling them in packs of 5, 10 or 20. Free shipping as well. I ordered a pack of 10 units for $5.33.
Of course, I can't tell right now if there're the real thing or fakes. This vendor has quite a good feeback, though. Let's cross fingers. :D

That's great interest! Let me help you: I just lowered the download price of the article down to € 0.99 - no excuse not to read the article anymore ;-)

I have been using this phono pre myself from when it was published and I am very pleased with it!

Edit: here's the link: Linear Audio | your tech audio resource

Jan

Website not really working right now. After selecting Paypal for payment, just stuck in waiting loop. (Also won't update addresses, but perhaps that is a different issue.)

If anybody is interested on getting the original Hitachi 2SC2547, you can try Amazon.com marketplace. There's one vendor (utsource) selling them in packs of 5, 10 or 20. Free shipping as well. I ordered a pack of 10 units for $5.33.
Of course, I can't tell right now if there're the real thing or fakes. This vendor has quite a good feeback, though. Let's cross fingers. :D
I don't trust Utsource. Prefer an original bc550 than an unknown tranny

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hi there,

great to see the discussions already started ;) Thanks Jan for your generous support!

quick update - I'm still working on the pms from October, 7. It already appears that there will not be enough boards for all interested. 20 boards are already gone/reserved and with the next 4-5 people all boards will be gone.

I'm very sorry for that!

Maybe I can realize an additional production run of the boards, will see.

@Dave: cool that your board already arrived! Happy building - I hope to see some pictures from your build later here ;)