The high octane phono preamp

Hi everyone,

quick update - my board house changed their shipping policy and it will take about one month for the boards to be here.

I'm sorry for the delay!

There is nothing I can do about that, my order is microscopic for industrial standards and in fact I'm happy they do it at all as their quality is excellent.

@muddyboots, PKI: sure, I ordered a quantity of boards and there should be enough available for all interested!

Ok guy's here is an uploadable BOM to Mouser, assuming the DIP's are 2.54mm pitch. I wanted the colored ones... oh well.

This BOM has all RN low noise resistors (like Han's build). C9 is skipped because, well, it isn't needed. The transistors are BC550's since the original is MIA. You could use a BC337-40R for the first one, for lower noise, but there is no subjective confirmation on how it sounds and the BC550 has been tested. All the caps are very high quality OSCON's instead of dumpy high voltage lytics.

I skipped input and output 1uf caps because I can't make that sort of personal choice for anyone. I'll be using Jantzen Silver's, which have to mount off board. Point is still that you don't have to spend a few hours like I did now, you just choose your input/output caps.

Attachments

• highoctane-noinoutcaps.xlsx.zip
    13.1 KB · Views: 91