The End For Tripath??? Say It Ain't So!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
theAnonymous1 said:
I always thought Profusions prices were a bit high, so no big loss there.

How long have these Tripath "replacements" been available from them? Very interesting.

http://www.profusionplc.com/pro/gex/prodGen.html?prdtyp=class t amplifier#

Interesting indeed. These are the best Tripath chips. What a pity that they cost 100 euro each....

These will survive because are produced under licence by Profusion themselves. Though I dont know if RA0105 is the same thing as TA0105.

Tripath stopped TA0105 and TDA2500 because were not ROHS compliant. RAxxxx series are Rohs compliant, so are not the same chip.

RAxxxx series datasheets are very similar to TA0105 and TDA2500, but "replacement" is not the same as "same design".

Somebody tried them?

......The RA-0105 is a pin for pin replacement for Tripath's TA0105A module.....

......The feedback and voltage range of the RA-2500 can be configured externally. Thus, the RA-2500 is capable of emulating Tripath's series of TA0102A, TA0103A, TA0104A, and TA0105A amplifier drivers with the addition of a small number of external components......

Re: Tripath Files

speaker said:

Maybe these are not bad news.

Tripath filed for "Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code".

A Chapter 11 filing, on the other hand, is an attempt to stay in business while a bankruptcy court supervises the "reorganization" of the company's contractual and debt obligations. The court can grant complete or partial relief from most of the company's debts and its contracts, so that the company can make a fresh start. Often, if the company's debts exceed its assets, then at the completion of bankruptcy the company's owners (stockholders) all end up with nothing — all their rights and interests are terminated — and the company's creditors end up with ownership of the newly reorganized company, in the hopes that it will eventually succeed financially as compensation for their losses.

Now the company can be sold and the buyer is protected against any legal action by creditors. On the other hand the company can continue its production and sell goods, while customers money is protected too against company creditors.

Tripath closes it's doors

It shouldn't come as a shock to anyone who's been following the company at all, but just so you know - Tripath appears to be officially kaput. They filed for protection under Chapter 11 of the US bankruptcy laws three weeks ago, asking that they be allowed to continue operations while under debt restructuring. Apparently that request was not granted.

I went by their offices a couple of times last week and there were no cars in the lot, the doors were locked and it looked like the offices had been cleaned out. All I saw was what looked like a couple of PC's sitting on the back dock. No phone calls have been returned.

I worked there for many years and was sad to see it go. I haven't heard anything about anyone buying up the IP as yet. Given the new players in the switching amp marketplace maybe the Tripath IP is not thought to be all that valuable now. We'll see.

Anyway, just thought you'd like to know.

Okay, major correction to my earlier post. I spoke to the VP of Operations at Tripath today and found out that they have moved their HQ to Fremont, about 10 miles from the previous site. This explains the lack of activity, the lack of furniture, the non-return of calls, and the "For Lease" signs at the Orchard Parkway address.

I'm very sorry about the earlier post. I hope no one was inconvenienced by the mistake.

sluggo said:
Okay, major correction to my earlier post. I spoke to the VP of Operations at Tripath today and found out that they have moved their HQ to Fremont, about 10 miles from the previous site. This explains the lack of activity, the lack of furniture, the non-return of calls, and the "For Lease" signs at the Orchard Parkway address.

I'm very sorry about the earlier post. I hope no one was inconvenienced by the mistake.

That means one thing, they can't afford to pay the rent for the old place and needed to downsize or find a cheaper location ...I see the pattern

EdT said:
That means one thing, they can't afford to pay the rent for the old place and needed to downsize or find a cheaper location ...I see the pattern

After Chapter 11 protection, they only need to find a buyer while mantaining their still good revenue: more than 10 millions dollars, mostly in automotive and flat panel TV amps.

Profusion, in Europe, for the first time since months, has again a Tripath chip on line (TA3020).

sorry to drift off the topic again but I cant get any response from tripath tech support, Does any one know how to configure the 2050 chipset to operate in dual supply mode, is it as simple as applying negative volts to the output fets, any thoughts from you with the brains yes you you know who you are !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.