"The Crocodile"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well I guess then the parts AGDR got from Mouser were incorrect, the bag was labeled for 0603 but they do indeed make errors..np....I knew this wasn't quite right!! Ha!!

NP...moving on...Will do the rest of the power circuits tomorrow...then start on the two channels...then I will know if I need any missing or incorrect parts...

I have no I/O parts, so I need to get a stereo 10K linear pot, some rca connectors, power switch etc....

Thank Sergey
Alex

Attachments

• 2017-06-02 10_40_23-Surface-mount technology - Wikipedia.png
    2017-06-02 10_40_23-Surface-mount technology - Wikipedia.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:
Ok I got the three power circuits soldered down....found I am missing the two of the transistors, a few caps and 22 ohm resistors, I do have some 22 ohms but again they are just too small to bridge the pads....

Will start on the two channels and then get a master whats missing and needed to include a vol pot, a headphone jack, input I/O connectors..

Alex

Ok,

So the AIR coil is about 30 or so turns of .3mm insulated wire...I oreder a small spool and will wind them up...also placed the final order to Mouser for a pot, rca inputs for dac, a power plug for the DC adapter and a head phone jack and a few more parts that were missing or the incorrect physical size...

Should be another week or so to complete!

Alex

Oh, com'on, even 0603 are manageable without magnifying. 0805 is just a piece of cake.
And it is not like once it is soldered it stays there forever. Parts are easily removable with soldering iron. Just make a big solder blob around the part and it will come off. Then clean up the mess with a solder braid.

Last edited:
ok I attached a 9vdc battery to P66 and nothing popped or burnt up!

On U1300 Pin 1 I read 6 vdc
On U1300 Pin 4 (enable) I read 4.9 vdc
On L1 and U1300 Pin 6 , 6vdc
On FB pin 3 I read .45vdc
C50/C63 5.62vdc on the U1300 side and on the other side it was 0vdc.

Alex

Note this is with L4,5,6,7 installed.

I hooked up a 10K stereo linear pot, wired in RCA jacks for the dac input and wired a headphone jack to the outputs.

I dont have those air coils in yet but wired to the other side of it for the outputs....to see if any music comes out etc..

With a 9vdc battery I hear sound, but garbled and really strange...I removed the battery power and noticed what I am hearing is coming from the dac without any power !!

This is strange, but I think the power supply is not working....need to start troubleshooting..

Alex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.